End of NATO?

Ivanov

As you very well know there is little correlation between what politicians say they are going to do when in office, and what they actually do when in office. Obama is the perfect example of this. Possibly the worst president in US history.

So you would rather have crooked lying Hillary for you president? A woman who has made hundreds of millions of dollars doing favours for foreign powers while in office as Secretary of State, and who has leaked hundreds of classified e-mails due to 'negligence'.

No matter how bad Trump would be, he could only be better than Hillary. She will sell out the American people just like Obama - a man who has done very little, yet promised to do a lot and has taken credit for a lot (I still crackle up when I read that he received the Nobel Peace Prize, thanks to him the Middle East is more FUBAR than ever.).

Edited by AtheistDane

Thread will now lock in...

Ah screw it one last jab!

I would rather have a president that isn't sympathetic to Russian strongmen and oligarchs, who knows where Crimea is AND doesn't want foreign governments hacking US officials!

Oh and you know the whole Trump U scandal...and the going bankrupt over 3 times thing...and the muslim ban...and the wall...and the not guaranteeing protection of NATO allies we've had for years...and the fact he probably doesn't know what NATO stands for...

Edited by Raptorx7

No not on his own,  no.

But he could damage American credibility within and outside the alliance with stupid declarations, dragging his heels when support is required, reducing the American military presence in Europe. Also he could start swaying public US opinion. 

6 hours ago, VladimirTarasov said:

And I dont think he would be able to take the US out of NATO, wouldn't congress have to approve of that? 

Yeah, but look at the Congress we have at the moment. And if Trump won, the Republican ascendency would probably only increase.

Michael