Patton Campaign?

On 2016-06-26 at 7:33 PM, user1000 said:

... with Patton's men from the landing in France to his last place of action. ...

There was another landing in France? :D Kidding aside surely you can see how lots of people interpreted it to mean the landing in France (aka Operation Overlord).

5 minutes ago, user1000 said:

1. Patton began in western France, I never meant to say they arrived on D-day.

There I fixed that for ya! :)

The closest we've got to Patton in the title are the Operation Cobra scenarios, the big push in July. Scenarios are a bit more 'Pattonie' in CMFB Bulge timeframe battles. But really, the high command is so faaaaaar above the boots on the ground that we might as well be talking about the Greek Gods looking down on the battle like in Homer.

4 hours ago, user1000 said:

If you jump to conclusions too fast, I could see it. Other than that no..

He didn't jump to conclusions, it was a perfectly reasonable interpretation of what you actually wrote. You know, if you screw up and then blame somebody else on top of that, it makes you look really, really bad. We're a pretty tolerant lot, but people notice things like that.

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

Campaign would get pretty slow for several months before the bulge.  How many patrol actions would be needed to simulate the ghost army being stalled just short of the Rhine, while Monty got all the fuel and supplies?  We would need someone to make a sound file mod of Patton cursing and screaming about it too.  :)

I believe the " ghost army " refers to FUSAG with its inflatables etc before and shortly after Overlord.

Patton and other American sectors were hardly quiet before Wacht Am Rhein.  Daily reports from fall of 44 that say 'relatively quiet' would probably be considered intense level.combat nowadays.