Squad Leader comes out.....

Where can we go to see a Preview of Squad Leader.

It is hard for me to imagine anything

de-throning CM at this point.

I haven't heard a word about SL. How bad will it be?

When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

Come-on people, give SL a break.

Ok, it has nothing to do with the SL we all know and love. But it might be a fun little game. Basically it is SAW2. Personaly I liked SAW. It just had some LOS problems that upset me.

Lorak

------------------

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking."--William Butler Yeats

Cesspool

I mentions the "letters from home" as a central theme. Hmmm. Watson you attack on the left with your letter from your brother. Slim is moody today because his cow won't milk so he's going to lie down in the woods. I'll drop letters down the chimney.

I liked SAW too. Too bad I can't find my copy.

Is this like that game....the one on my CD rack that I'm to lazy to find, the one where you controll the commandos. Um...Commandos, thats the ticket. The graphics and point of view look like it? Is the controlling of the 12 guys like that style?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lorak:

Come-on people, give SL a break.

Ok, it has nothing to do with the SL we all know and love. But it might be a fun little game. Basically it is SAW2. Personaly I liked SAW. It just had some LOS problems that upset me.

Lorak

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really ? You enjoyed the piece of cr*p SAW was ? I was VERY disappointed by this game, I was expecting some WW2-Jagged Alliance and stumbled upon a totally uninteresting game : awfully void maps, stupid LOS, tedious gameplay as soldiers were to move in one particular order.. I gave up after 3 games.

I don't think I'll consider buying this sequel, even more since I discovered what Hasbro put behind the legendary "Squad Leader" name ! That's close to blasphemy wink.gif

Well, back to CM now !

IIRC, there are a few JA2 players who are putting together a "WW2 weapons mod" for JA2. Replacing LAWs with bazookas, and so forth. Obviously it won't be perfect since the overall look of the game will still be modern rather than historical, but it may be better than nothing. If anything comes of this, I'll post.

Oh, and anyone who hasn't picked up JA2, I'd highly recommend it. Especially now that it's been out for quite a while, and is being sold at bargain basement prices.

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

I didn't know Squad Leader had a sexuality dilemma? Who is its partner... Close Combat 5?

Regards

Jim R.

------------------

Steve to Combat Mission community:

"If it's not in Combat Mission it never happened in reality"... nah that's not what I meant

"If it's not in Combat Mission then the chances of it happening were miniscule"... hmmm, not quite

"If it's not in Combat Mission then we didn't have the resources to code it"... rats, we've employed more people now

"If it's not in Combat Mission, STIFF SH*T!"... yeh, that's what I meant to say :)