Juju's Interface Mod - an idea

I can't believe no one else has not first thought of this, but FWIW:  I love the little circular white & red cross symbols Juju uses when a guy is slightly WIA.  But, a red cross symbol is also used for KIA - and in the heat of the action it's confusing.  How about another symbol for KIA eg: skull and bones or a cemetery cross or something similar to visually get the idea across that this soldier is out of action permanently?

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

I can't believe no one else has not first thought of this, but FWIW:  I love the little circular white & red cross symbols Juju uses when a guy is slightly WIA.  But, a red cross symbol is also used for KIA - and in the heat of the action it's confusing.

Sadly there are only two 'states' of weapon slot icons right now. Green (okay) and yellow (light wound). The red cross for WIA/KIA you mention is most likely due to Vin's animated text. Otherwise it would simply say 'casualty.' Good idea though, but nothing we can do anything about, I'm afraid.

Edited by Juju

Ok, I figured this must have been thought of b4.  Thanks tho'...  I might see if one can put Vin's text back to "Casualty" for this item now there are so many red crosses.  The text word would more easily distinguish the state from merely light WIA (your red cross in white circle).  (Or, maybe use the default yellow.)  Not a big deal anyhow.  And thanks again for your superb work! 

Edited by Erwin

Thanks again to you and of course Vin.  Am on a ship somewhere in Atlantic, so finally lots of time to play CM2 and these mods are all wonderful. 

Speaking of mods and user-made scenarios etc. I have a hard time figuring out the new CMMODs and SCENARIO DEPOT iii.  I used the old versions of these sites all the time.  Now, they seem less intuitive and it's a lot harder to find anything (from say last year) - unless you are downloading everything as soon as it appears.  Is it just me?

@ Erwin    Scroll down the opening page. And use the dropdown menu on the right hand side "Modification Jump List" to find mods for specific games. 

The Scenario Depot is at the top of the opening page. Click on it to be taken to the various games, which are then divided up into Maps, Scenarios and Campaigns 

ok, thanks, I'll give it another try.  However, I know that the pretty pictures of all the CM games in Scenario Depot are not clickable, so why have them...?

Am having the same update irritation with Windows 10.  Windows 7 does everything and runs everything I need.  It's a major pain to be forced to learn a new OS...  And there will be something else in a couple of years.  :(   Other than making $ for MS, it's daft.  When they come up with an OS that is 100% reliably voice activated, then I will get up to date, and save the hundreds of man hours trying to learn a new system to do exactly what I am already doing.

Yes, I guess I'm getting old and cranky.

All you chaps out there, don't age over 35.  It gets horrible!

24 minutes ago, Erwin said:

However, I know that the pretty pictures of all the CM games in Scenario Depot are not clickable, so why have them...?

Erwin, all but Final Blitzkrieg are clickable.

I hear you on Win10, was all like you then, at least for me, it seemed to do it faster than 7 and I started to like it way better, and I'm yet to find something I can't do in a nicer environment.