How to re-arm from supply trucks?

3 hours ago, Michael Emrys said:

For sure? I just had an idea about dismounting the tank crew, having them mount the HT and acquire the ammo, and then returning to the tank. I never tried it; it's just a thought.

Michael

Now that is some interesting outside of the box thinking.  My understanding of the ammo in vehicles is that there are up to four kinds of ammo listed in the user interface. I will refer to the four as the vehicle weapons system ammo, extra ammo, crew ammo and passenger ammo (If the vehicle has passengers of course and this is listed only when the passenger unit is clicked on).  

The ammo count printed in green is for the vehicle’s weapons systems. The ammo count printed in white is the extra supply ammo that can be Acquired by troops.  If the vehicle’s ammo runs out the vehicle will take ammo from the extra supply.  The crew ammo is listed on the left under unit info panel / ammo.  A vehicle will not take crew or passenger ammo.  Crew and passengers can’t Acquire vehicle ammo.  All can take or Acquire extra supply ammo.

So the crew would be able to dismount the tank enter the halftrack and Acquire the ammo. However on returning to the tank the tank would not be able to take the ammo from the crew.  If I understand correctly.

Just did a quick test.  The above appears to be how it works.   

Edited by MOS:96B2P

1 hour ago, MOS:96B2P said:

So the crew would be able to dismount the tank enter the halftrack and Acquire the ammo. However on returning to the tank the tank would not be able to take the ammo from the crew.  If I understand correctly.

Just did a quick test.  The above appears to be how it works.   

At test was definitely in order - bummer!

BFC mentioned the possibility of including "cross-decking" of ammo between vehicles, I think just before the actual feature list of RT was finalised; it didn't make the cut for that, or any other subsequent v3 iteration. But it's obviously something BFC aren't averse to including, it's just in the "too hard"* basket for now.

* Too hard to legislate for the anticipated level of benefit in gameplay, really.

Yes I have thought about crews doing it themselves but have also thought along the lines of an ammo runner that the AT and mgs have. But then would that even be historically accurate? Would the truck or HT drivers be in charge of this? ok thanks guys, better use my shots more wisely.

Edited by user1000