Mac/pc version

Patgarret,

There are people here who play/have played CMx1 and maybe CMx2 on Macs using PC emulators. Theoretically, you may be able to play CMx2 this way, but I freely admit I know very little on the matter. I strongly suspect, though, that given the computational demands of CMx2, emulators may not be equal to the task.

Regards,

John Kettler 

I Bootcamp partitioned my mac and installed windows, and have the PC version of the game(s) running on the PC side. That's a lot of hoops to jump through, though. I primarily did that to run my old PC applications. Playing the PC version of the game on the PC side just naturally followed

3 hours ago, John Kettler said:

There are people here who play/have played CMx1 and maybe CMx2 on Macs using PC emulators.

Hmm, not quite.  BF is very upfront in saying that their games will not run in a virtualized environment/under an emulator. So, owning a Mac, running some flavor of Mac OS and using VirtualBox, or vmWare Fusion or the like to host a Windows install in order to run CM games will not work.

Using Bootcamp, however, will, because (if I remember correctly) Bootcamp partitions the hard drive so the physical hardware can host two operating system installations. In this case, you choose which OS to run when booting the machine, but only one OS is running at any one time.

7 hours ago, John Kettler said:

There are people here who play/have played CMx1 and maybe CMx2 on Macs using PC emulators.

On mac CMx1 needs OS 9. I can't remember any PC emulators for OS 9 to ran PC games. But I may be wrong......

Edited by Ales Dvorak

Thanks guys. I cannot use bootcamp. So I will have to take the plunge on the mac version. I usually play on pc but I'm relocating and my mac is coming with me, pc following later...and I want this game in these months of only mac gaming. Still it will be a shame when I get the PC back...