Will tank riders be allowed on hetzers?

I'm enjoying FB and  currently playing the War Without Mercy scenario via PBEM

**SPOILER ALERT** Playing as the Germans, this is the first time I've used hetzers in a scenario. However, I'm surprised to see that infantry cannot be mounted on them. Although small, hetzers were used by German infantry to ride into battle. Are there plans to add the ability to mount infantry on them in a future update? 

20.%20Waffen-Grenadier.-Division%20der%2

Panzer%20Jagdpanzer%2038%20Hetzer%20Sd.K

Edited by Odin

This was actually discussed prior to release and pictures similar to what you have posted were also posted, but BFC wasn't interested in allowing riders.  The way it is now is the way it probably will remain since a change would require extra coding work on the vehicle.  If they wouldn't do it before release they probably won't do it later. 

8 hours ago, womble said:

I would not like to be riding a Hetzer on anything lumpier than a paved road, and with any fewer than two good, free hands to hold onto any available projections...

If I got the general drift of your post, I was having similar thoughts as I viewed those pictures. I finally shrugged and thought maybe they had been in even more dangerous situations and thought that even this beat walking.

BTW, none of the guys in the first photo appear to be armed, so maybe they really were heading back to Aunt Bertha's.

Michael

Edited by Michael Emrys

As MikeyD humorously pointed out the first photo is almost certainly one taken at the end of the war. I just thought it an interesting WWII version of how many people can you stuff into a mini . The second photo, and plenty others I've seen, suggest it is reasonable to expect CM hetzers to carry at least a similar number to men to what the SU76 can carry in CMRT (6 if memory serves me correctly?). 

@womble, to my knowledge it was standard practice for German infantry to try to avoid hitching a lift on the back of any sort of tank when coming under enemy fire, and I follow that practice myself when playing the CM. My point is there are some big scenarios in CM and plenty of occasions when it is useful to transport men around the battlefield when they're not under enemy fire. Hetzers do have a flat roof surface for infantry to sit on which should make a graphical representation easier than trying to place them on one of the SPG's gradient surfaces. If other types of German SPG can carry infantry, there is no reason why hetzers shouldn't be able too.