Rate of disabled tank guns

This is only my experience after a few games and needs proper testing, but to me it seems that the rate of tank guns getting disabled has more than doubled compared to other CM games. I played the demo scenario with the German attack and had half of my guns destroyed after one or two hits. Trying out the full game now and it seems to be the same here... 

5 hours ago, Homer The Doomer said:

This is only my experience after a few games and needs proper testing, but to me it seems that the rate of tank guns getting disabled has more than doubled compared to other CM games. I played the demo scenario with the German attack and had half of my guns destroyed after one or two hits. Trying out the full game now and it seems to be the same here... 

I think the rate was always high in CM games especially in the bigger tanks

Considering that it covers so many things that would keep an AFV from being to use a gun, not just damage to the gun itself, mission killed vehicles are going to happen.

However, I would be willing to bet that the chance is the same as it is in BN, FI, and RT (not sure if BS uses the same because of all the extra sensors that can be damaged).

I was surprised when 2 57mm AT guns disabled the guns on 3 Stug III Latests with the Saukopf gun mantlet in 60 seconds.

I also played a game against a Jagdtiger where I engaged it with 6 shermans at 1400m range, losing only 1 sherman before disabling the tiger's gun.

I'm pretty sure it happens because tanks are very often "partial hull down", which means the enemy tank will aim for the turret. At the short ranges of the typical CM battle, tanks are accurate enough to often hit what they aim for - the front of the turret/weapon mount, knocking out the gun. It only takes a quite small wall/hedge or bump in the ground to give the partial hull down effect.

Edited by Bulletpoint

If you've got a heavy tank where the only vulnerable bit on the front is the gun then gun hits will seem to be higher because all the other hits get shrugged off. A regular old Sherman usually gets holed through the bow or mantlet before a round can find its way up to the gun barrel. I recall in CMBN the pesky German gunners persisted in aiming for my Churchills' internal gun mantlet opening. Because that was considered the primo spot to KO the tank.