No Russians???

Guest Big Time Software

Yeah, CM2 is Eastern Front. There is a HUGE load of work needed to do justice to that 4 year conflict. I am already dreading the number of darned tank models we are going to need...

Steve

AFter playing the most enjoyable game today against the AI (Last Defence) as the Germans, I really look foward to the Eastern Front! smile.gif In this game I had burning AFVs littered among the buildings, bringing flash images of a STalingrad battle....sends shivers down my spine.

And the graphics should be better right?

Eastern front should be more enjoyable, since both sides had armour and guns to match each other.

------------------

CCJ

aka BLITZ_Force

My Homepage -

www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Beach/4448

Russian Front for CM2! I think that would be great game. If you could plug in the 1939 Polish Operation that would be a good Eastern Front Package. Would you add in the Axis Minor Nations too? (MMmmm that might be too much to ask).

Keep up the good work Big Time!

Joe Sefchick

It's a crying shame that we're not going to get CM2 untill next year. I'm currently in Madison, and have been VERY favorably impressed by the contents of the UWM library. They have great many books on WWII, including a large number (at least several hundred) in Russian. This is by far better then UCLA's collection on the subject...unfortunately I'll be gone from Madison at the end of this academic year, so I won't be able to use it to design scenarios! frown.gif Maybe I should start surrepticiously copying the books...

And speaking of that, what would be the moral implications of this? If those books are really not available for purchase (which they pretty much aren't), does it make it moral and to copy them?

[This message has been edited by Greg Deych (edited 11-07-99).]

Greg,

Take some shrooms, head over to 528 W. Mifflin (center of the Mifflin street block party and my old home), pop over to the coolest looking, 2nd tallest state capitol in the country, walk over to the Flamingo for a quick foo-foo drink and a looksie at some of the worlds finest young ladies, frown as you pass by the Kiddie Korner (where all the rich kids gather and party), stop by H.C. White Library (a top rated pick-up spots in the world - Playboy magazine 1996), hop across the street to the Rat (student Union abbreviated name), grab some popcorn cuz it's all ya can afford and a pitcher-o-beer ($4) cuz ya need it to survive and look out over the Lake Mendota from one of the best looking three-tiered patios and say, "wow". AND today my friend would be a most fine day to do all that. Wish I was there.

About the copies, I don't know.

Richard Kalajian

Greg and Kingtiger,

Nice to see there are some other UW alumni floating around here.

Greg, I agree that there is a truly amazing amount of material for WW2 (and just about everything else for that matter) available. Wish my German was better, they even have quite a few Tagbuchs there. I am currently hoping to move back to Madison so I can start haunting the Memorial Library again.

Regards,

The Dude

P.S. Sorry to non-UW alums about the OT post, but couldn't resist.

You mean we're going to have to wait until CM6 or 7 for the Warsaw Pact V. Nato? And what about CM2000: War in Kosovo. I hope it has the CIA homing device that heads for the Chinese Embassy no matter where you aim it.... : )

------------------

Max Molinaro

Oh no! I hope they never do the Starship Troopers version. That film is an atrocity against Heinlein (those of you who have read the book will know what I am talking about, I hope).

Avalon Hill made a very good boardgame from the book, so let's keep it at that! smile.gif

But I do hope they make Eastern Front first pri after CM1 is out.

Hawk

------------------

Our's is not to reason "why", our's is but to do and die!

You're right: Starship Troopers the book was excellent, the movie and the TV movie of Puppet Masters were awful, and why is Mrs. Heinlein selling her dead husband's rights to idiots? But, to get this back on a war game track, that Avalon Hill game of Starship Troopers was one of my favorites, and CM would be a very good system to use for a translation, I think.

"Bugs, Mr. Rico--zillions of 'em!"

Guest Charles

Ooooh, I would love to see CM model the Civil War, in which positioning, flanking movements, and line of sight was so important. Can you imagine having your regiment crest a ridge only to come face to face with 3 batteries of Napoleans and Howitzers? Yikes!

Lots of Civil War info out there BTS, hint hint.