Halftruck gunner weird posture. Bug?

Hello,

I recently purchased CMFI with Gustav line bundle and 3.0 upgrade. I think I upgraded correctly to 3.0, v 1.20 is shown on my welcome screen, which is correct from what I read on forum here.

I stumbled upon weird halftruck gunner position - you can see it in attached picture. I first stumbled upon this in second battle of advanced US training campaign. There were two SPW250 (or 251, I am not sure). Both of them had gunner with no helmet in what I guess is default modelling position. This happened to me again in different battle. You can see a picture of US halftruck with two gunners in the same position. I did a quick test QB - when M2 halftruck is "opened" the gunner loses his helmet and goes into default position. When the truck is buttoned, everything is OK. The gunners pose doesn't interfere with his ability to operate the machine gun.

I tried searching the forum, but didn't find anyone mentioning this. I'd like to ask if anyone has seen similar behavior before I try to file a bug.

Tomas

halftruck-pose.jpg

Go ahead and put a ticket in with the help desk, but yeah, it is almost assuredly install related.  Maybe try installing both before activating either or something?  I think there are a few patches too ... it has been a while since I installed the game but you may be missing a patch or two.

Here is what the store page says for purchase of the 3.0 upgrade "The v3.0 Upgrade for CM Fortess Italy is not a standalone game. You need the Combat Mission: Fortress Italy basegame, patched to v1.12, in order to play."

Also my copy of CMFI with the 3.0 upgrade says on the main menu screen that it is v1.2 but it does not say engine 3.0

Eh, I re-read the forum thread explaining the installation and I see I missed the 1.12 patch. I thought since the CMFI+GL bundle is "2.0 engine" it doesn't need 1.12 patch, because the bundle is would be already patched to 2.0 version. But that's me mistaking game version versus engine version. I'll have to reinstall the game, but right now I am in the middle of campaign, so I'll reinstall after I finish that. It's seems a bit odd the 3.0 Upgrade installer doesn't complain about not having the right version of base game to upgrade.

@Dennis: my copy also says on the main menu screen that it is v1.2 but it does not say engine 3.0

Thanks to all of you for helping me out.

Tomas

@semhustej  ...Here is what I would do ...I wouldn't uninstall anything. Lets think simple here. Just download the patch for 1.12 for your operating system (PC or MAC) and install it. After that I would re-install the 3.0 upgrade... it will overwrite any files changed by the 1.12 patch and I think you will be good to go. I could be wrong but I think that will take care of your problem. Hopefully one of these guys maybe even Steve himself will correct me if I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, Dennis50 said:

in the process of making all this patching and engine upgrading stuff a little easier, but I think they just haven't gotten around to doing CMFI yet.

Correct.

1 hour ago, semhustej said:

Interesting idea Dennis. I might try that once I get to mess with the installation after finishing the campaign.

I am pretty sure that has worked for people in the past.

Hello, Semhustej.

I had the same problem in the past. If you still had not being able of solving the problem, I recomend you to unistall the game. Then Install the game again, but not the 3.0 upgrade. Then see what is your current game version, that should be 1.12. In my case was an older one. If it is also your case, go to http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_versions&Itemid=317#CMFI and press Gustav Line folder. It should redirect you to the download. When you downloaded and installed the 1.12 upgrade, then install the 3.0 upgrade.

It worked for me, so I hope it will help help you too :)

21 hours ago, Dennis50 said:

@semhustej  ...Here is what I would do ...I wouldn't uninstall anything. Lets think simple here. Just download the patch for 1.12 for your operating system (PC or MAC) and install it. After that I would re-install the 3.0 upgrade... it will overwrite any files changed by the 1.12 patch and I think you will be good to go. I could be wrong but I think that will take care of your problem. Hopefully one of these guys maybe even Steve himself will correct me if I'm wrong.

I did like that. It fixed the gunner problem and I haven't found any other problem so far.

Good tip!