BMP-3M - PROOF of ATGM firing!

i`ve ko'ed abrams with the 30mm on the Bmp-3ms with the new ammo a few times from the side (side lower hull) but the Abrams were already pretty much blind because of sub-system damage. Just for the fun of it.

russian  vehicule launched ATGMs sometimes feel like someone is fiddling with the manual to learn how to launch and guide them before they shoot...hmmm... how do these things work ??? let`s see... BOUM ! dead 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, antaress73 said:

i`ve ko'ed abrams with the 30mm on the Bmp-3ms with the new ammo a few times from the side (side lower hull) but the Abrams were already pretty much blind because of sub-system damage. Just for the fun of it.

russian  vehicule launched ATGMs sometimes feel like someone is fiddling with the manual to learn how to launch and guide them before they shoot...hmmm... how do these things work ??? let`s see... BOUM ! dead 

LMFAO,  exactly! Exactly! 

Figured I would throw in on this.

I just engaged an enemy tank successfully with a cannon fired ATGM from a BMP-3. Heres the video:

Image of the actual missile in flight:

HKyYssj.jpg

Image of the spotted target before missile impact:

zikclLM.jpg

Image of the target after impact (trees turned off):

GaZDIVF.jpg

Not exactly sure why many people think the BMP-3 does not use its ATGM. I've never had issues with it, and hopefully this is evidence that at least it does use the ATGMs, even if others don't personally experience it. 

I have noticed that Bradley's do not tend to use their TOW missiles unless the target is very far away, usually beyond 1km, but I think thats a topic for a different thread. 

Edited by IICptMillerII

Ahh ok. I personally haven't experienced the issue then, but I also almost never use the BMP-2M. 

With the Bradley, I've noticed that it will tend to use its autocannon against tanks even when they are far away, around 1km. In that situation it would be much better off using a TOW missile. Not entirely sure why it loves using the bushmaster against tanks so much, but I think there is a reason for it that I'm not aware of.Could simply be things like blocked LOS for a missile shot, such as through trees or something, so it defaults to the autocannon. Just a guess.

See what makes the 2M so important and the vehicle so deadly is its 4 kornets 2 on each side of the turret. Along with modernized optics.

In the past when I used to use US forces I had the least trouble of all vehicle.based ATGMs with ToWs which is to say it was only moderate on the ass pain scale.

• 7 months later...
On 5/5/2016 at 2:41 PM, Sublime said:

See what makes the 2M so important and the vehicle so deadly is its 4 kornets 2 on each side of the turret. Along with modernized optics.

In the past when I used to use US forces I had the least trouble of all vehicle.based ATGMs with ToWs which is to say it was only moderate on the ass pain scale.

I'm testing a revamp of Khalmi, Mech Inf, Large. Its a large mixed terrain map, flood valley in the middle, with opportunity for some long range firefights and bottleneck slaughter.

BMP-2Ms are very nearly an equal for Brads, much to my surprise.

Brad spotting is still much better, a solid 1 minute faster than the BMP2Ms, but the BMPs are excellent at using their AT-14s. At least half of my Brad (ERA) kills (10+) were from 1-2km fired ATGMs.I had one BMP2M fire 3 of its 14s in quick succession for 2 kills, interspersing reload with AC fire. Another BMP I maneuvered to shoot up the ass of a Bradley column from 1Km away opted to use its AC, to wonderfully accurate and devasating effect. It was the right decision, as the AC fire ripped through 2x brad's rear doors in one salvo (hit near-simultaneously by the projectile path spread over 1km). Then it fired a 14 to immobilize the next-in-column Brad.

In a village ambush, 1 BMP2M ripped open 2 passing Brads from 5m away, slaughtered the fleeing soldiers and would have gotten a 3rd Brad but was hit by LRF from a hull-down Brad across the valley.

The combination of decent optics, true slavo fire, proper AC vs ATGM targeting and great maneuverability are a very pleasant package,.

Excellent performance, for a RUS IFV. 

@TheForwardObserver watch your bum bum, buddy, BMP2Ms comin' atcha!