Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

why is the bmp-1 not in the base game

I knew about that but since it has a rather limited supply of ammo. Plus it can't really be used as an apc since it lacks the ability hold more than 3-5 but I'm not sure if the exact number but it's a pretty insignificant. I meant the standard bump-1 that we saw in Afghanistan and shock force.

Edited by emccabe

BMP-1 wasn't in (real world) Ukraine service at the time the title was put together. But attrition has caused Ukraine to go the old vehicle refurbishment route. By the same token, last I heard BTR-70, which is in the game, is pretty much exhausted these days. If they can't find a way to rengine them they're not much longer for service (that based on most-probably out-of-date information).

CMBS can be considered an 'alternate timeline' sim. Because real world events insist on outpacing the game. There's a dark humor joke going around that foreign governments are bribing BFC to not include them in the next modern war title. Because bad things happen to countries so-honored.

last I heard BTR-70, which is in the game, is pretty much exhausted these days. If they can't find a way to rengine them they're not much longer for service (that based on most-probably out-of-date information).

Alas, BTR-70 will be long time in service - production tempo of BTR-3 and BTR-4 is critically low... Some of BTR-70 now are slightly upgrading or major repairing. But most of them just taking from armor storages and bringing to service. And exactly with this motthballed BTR-70 caused many failurs, especially with engines. Hulls of BTR-70, which can't be repaired are using for BTR-3E produce (of course, with big amount of metal works). Except 92th mech.brigade, single, which has BTR as main armor vehicles, BTR-70 also uses in recon units (because most of BTR-80 either lost or moved to airmobile and some special units), some air-assault and marines units, in National Guard, Border Guard. Last force structure also use BTR-7 "Defender" (or BTR-70DI) - upgraded BTR-70 with IVECO engine and improved anti-mine protection. 

litlebit oftopic but why in black sea bmp 3 have only 2 crew ? but if i find info on web for bmp 3 its say " crew 3+7 " 

The commander (third crewman) disembarks with the squad. Until BFC implements a "commander only" split function you have to put him in the IFV some other way. The gamey way is to use scout teams and keep the commander in the squad.