Please battlefront...

Look in WiTE.  Tell me how many Mausers there are in a German Battalion.  What is the make up of an HMG team.  How many rounds do they carry of what type and who has what. 

Not a "terrible" idea per se.  Simply just not an idea at all.  You can see the make up of a squad.  but you can't see the breakdown of any unit higher to see what the HQ element for example would have. 

In CM - you purchase a Battalion.  You then see what the breakdown of the battalion is.  How many companies, platoons, squads, HQ elements and what each carries.  WiTE tells you what a squad carries (w/o the variation that CM also has that is a big one - WiTE only does the ToEs, they don't allow for the variations that a ToE would have which CM does.).  Tell me where you find the make up of a pltn HQ in WiTE....

Different games, different needs.  Don't take this as a criticism of WiTE.  They don't need that info.  I don't play it so much anymore, but every now and then I'll haul it out.  I actually prefer WiTP  Simple reason is I love ships and no one else has really done anything with the pacific war.  I'd pay double to see CM do pacific theater so I could do a Guadalcanal campaign.  We are getting no love for the Marines in WW 2 (or the SNLF for that matter).

In addition to the excellent points @sburke makes about the scope and scale of the data sets in each game being quite different, I think the data itself in WitW is a bit suspect.

I've only really had a look at the Allied airforces so far, but there are a LOT of examples of missing units, wrong-sized units, units present which should not be, and the wrong a/c being present in units. To give a specific example, RAF Transport Command contains a total of 19 squadrons. Of those 19 units, two should be deleted (one flew strat transport out to Malta and India, and the other flew missions supporting SOE in occupied Europe), another should be added, one should be a bomber unit rather than a transport unit, and three others have the wrong a/c assigned. For another example, all the squadrons in 2TAF were allocated 18 a/c but in WitW they only get 16, while in Bomber Command the official TOEs included establishments of 16, 18, 24, 25, 27 and 30, but in WitW they all have 24.

I'm confident there are good gameplay reasons for these things, most of them at least. The Bomber Command sqns all being the same size makes them much easier to manage. But it also makes the data in the game somewhat suspect.

While I agree that looking at WitE for CMRT. TOE and OOB would not necessarily be helpful, I don't see why researching these items could be a reason for delaying content.  First, they've already done the work in CMBB, and I dub the there been much "cutting edge" research into WWII Hungarian TOE since then...

second, it seems like they could outsource most of this research to players, but relying on internal resources for quality control.

personally I don't care if the Hungarian platoon leader is carrying the wrong pistol or if a squad member has one too many magazines.

personally I don't care if the Hungarian platoon leader is carrying the wrong pistol or if a squad member has one too many magazines.

Be careful what you say.  We have helmet liner grogs on this forum for crying out loud.

and to repeat, no one has said to my knowledge that ToE research is holding anything up. Getting the new store up and running seems to be the difficulty.

they've already done the work in CMBB, and I dub the there been much "cutting edge" research into WWII Hungarian TOE since then...

True, but the particular structures used by the game have changed substantially. There is also a LOT more variety of TOEs, and detail in them, than anything imagined for CMBB.

Some folks, bless 'em, do. And they noisily will let BFC know if they used the wrong shade of feldgrau for forces in the the southern Ukraine in the second half of 1943.

Edited by JonS

I call BS on that! 

Do a search on forum posts then. Do you think I made up that reply out of thin air?

They are adding Brazil to CMFI. If they are adding Brazil they can add Romanians and Hungarians.

They are adding Brazil, because it's a very easy thing to do.

Luke you are so negative 

If you say so. :D  

Do a search on forum posts then. Do you think I made up that reply out of thin air?

They are adding Brazil, because it's a very easy thing to do.

If you say so. :D  

I am sure he said it buti call BS they wont do it.. It just makes sense and Hungarians would be a total selling point I would pay like 75 bucks for that lol

BF also adapts based on changing circumstances and new info.  What they may or may not have said doesn't mean they absolutely will or won't.  We can always keep asking, it doesn't hurt.  Hungarian at least gets my vote.  I'd love Romanians too, but if I have to choose.....

Yeah i would rather see Hungarians also, but I feel like Romanians would be fun too