R-35s super fragile

So today I was playing a scenario and i was moving a R-35 by some woods that i thought my infantry had cleared then something destroyed it. So i rewound trying to figure out where the shot came from thinking it was a bazooka, but I never saw the shot nor any Hit message. I then zoomed in really close and watched from all angles I re watched it about 4 times before I finally saw what killed it.. A single grenade flew from the woods landed on the R-35 and simply destroyed it lol Anyone else seen this happen? I know its a very early war tank but surely it should be able to survive a hand grenade. 

An R-35, huh?  How are you going to react when you see a "grenade" taking out one of your Tigers?  It does happen.

DO NOT GET TOO CLOSE to infantry with any of your AFVs.  There is a good chance they will get destroyed or immobilized by what the game shows as hand grenades.  In game terms, the hand grenades being thrown at tanks from R-35s to King Tigers are supposed to represent a host of close-assault techniques that WW2 infantry enacted against armor.  It's one of the game's "fudges" due the complications and expense of programming the pixeltruppen actually doing close-assaults against armor.

An R-35, huh?  How are you going to react when you see a "grenade" taking out one of your Tigers?  It does happen.

DO NOT GET TOO CLOSE to infantry with any of your AFVs.  There is a good chance they will get destroyed or immobilized by what the game shows as hand grenades.  In game terms, the hand grenades being thrown at tanks from R-35s to King Tigers are supposed to represent a host of close-assault techniques that WW2 infantry enacted against armor.  It's one of the game's "fudges" due the complications and expense of programming the pixeltruppen actually doing close-assaults against armor.

Cool I have sunk a few 100 hours into each CMx2 game (not shock force) and have never seen that happen. Good to know

Apart from the sound advice of not getting too close. Have your Renaults "Target Brief" any sound contact they have. If the enemy try to run it's canister time.

Also a good Idea The only reason I even moved the the R-35 that close was because I just moved a German squad through the very same patch of woods and had no contact

It is also possible it wasn't simoly your standard hand grenade. There are other items that I think fall under the displayed action sequence that are actual anti tank weapons.  The whole aspect of close assaulting armor is somewhat abstracted. Once you get within a certain distance infantry vs armor combat is more simulated. The only actual action you will see appears to be grenades. 

Oops just saw that is what Myles said. . . Never mind 

Edited by sburke

I just like to imagine a guy climbing on the tank, opening the hatch and A grenade down the hatch.

Much more movie stuff. But a more glorious death than just that flying grenade from the woods.

Haha I was just going to pretend it was an AT grenade. Well after he killed the tank i had a squad double back to take him out, but ofc they practically stepped on him without seeing him and he killed 4 guys before i got him