CMRT Winter Mod - ALLIED (Atack) BETA SAAR

It was heartbreaking for Koh to wait for snowy winter in Ardennes as Heidi sturmgrenadiers were transported in a hurry to empower the Eastern Front. So what he can do? He has no other choice than to make the Red Thunder Winter Mod

CMRT-Winter-Mode-5

In this SAAR (S - short, screenshots) don't except scientifically explained ballistic characteristics of snowflakes and their influence on panzer armour. Also don't expect a great story, or that you will learn something ( only if you really want to learn from mistakes? ). This is just little fun for frozen soldiers dreaming that somewhere behind trenches they will met He...

Also don't be too harsh about visuals and except miracles as this is still beta and work in progress. If You find that snow is missing somewhere and you want to help please pm sir @kohlenklau but be kind and don't ever say any word starting with He...

This will be the FIRST battle EVER played in CMRT under snowy conditions. So stay tuned.

CMRT-Winter-Mode-1

Victory location (German CP)

OCOKA TERRAIN ANALYSIS

As this small battle (небольшой бой) was of the precious important for the survival of the Сою́з Сове́тских Социалисти́ческих Респу́блик we send our deep tactical analysis of the battle to the Stavka for approval. It is 158 pages of cyrillic text and to much for translation or posting here.
Results?

CMRT-Winter-Mode-OCOKA-TERRAIN-ANALYSIS
Reply of the Stavka

They were mad!
"Comrade Stalin gave You all of this armor and You are bothering us with stupid details. Just smash trough German lines."  - Ставка.

They were probably right and who is crazy enough to tell anything opposite.

Main AVENUE of APPROACH

CMRT-Winter-Mode-5bMortar team is behind logo

The only cover for infantry was in the trees down the road so it was obvious direction for main AVENUE of APPROACH. They are backed by T34 slightly to the left for better use of higher terrain there. Mortar team is positioned even more to the left with good coverage of the battlefield (поле битвы).

CMRT-Winter-Mode-2main AVENUE of APPROACH

The CMRT Winter Mod is expandable and collapsible and very flexible to the looks you personally desire to see.

I am Barbaric's opponent and used some different files. I had gloves on his Soviet troops, helmets were green.

Barbaric said he used umlaut's frosted axis greatcoats for my defenders, which should show soon in his continuing AAR.

Maybe it is rye grown as a winter cover crop for advanced Soviet agricultural thinking? :D

Definitely the map making process should be carefully done to optimize the Winter Mod visual result. 

Most of what you see is exactly what came from CMFI GL so the winter look there is not much different.

Barbaric did some original mods such as frosting up the haystacks and some bark on the trees.

I have just done a Beutepanzer T-34 with German markings that plays in game against the actual Soviet T-34's.

This Winter Mod has great potential and I encourage everyone to PM me so they can download the current packs and have some first hand stick time. 

Wheat in winter  it is probably at that time nothing strange . Was planted in the spring as the front came already been collated, winter in Russia starts in October.
Everything looks very nice.

Thanks! You saved Koh lot of the moding hours. This will be official response to wheat haters :)

It looks very nice. The trees might need some snow or ice lovin, and wheat doesn't seed in Winter. Vegetation would either be washed out green/light straw/variations of brown, other than coniferous. Those Russian infantry must be cold, they definitely need some Borsch tovarisch.

Thanks! Koh started gigantic job and of course there is still a lot of the work to be done. But honestly sometimes it's better to have the winter feeling than to leave correct summer crops. Even BF reuse lot of the textures in different theaters but critics are always welcomed. Would be nice if You give it a try even in it's current "alpha - beta" stage. As a notice I try to hide unmoded parts in those screenshots :D.

OCOKA TERRAIN ANALYSIS? Maybe we should call you "Barbaric Bil" :D

Screenshots look great, makes me want to have hot cabbage soup and some vodka. Are these screenshots you took during our battle or you are watching the saved turns and taking them fresh?

Most screnshots are made during PBEM. Looking for nice screenshot during battle is also good for OCOKA TERRAIN ANALYSIS :D

There is also a small teaser battle. And a snow.txt mod tag file so you can import and make your own winter map designs (gluten-free?)! :D

gluten-free? :D :DOmg! We definitely need new emojis. Will put them on the feature list request.

Reminds of Monty Python show when Brits are fighting Germans with deadly jokes.

It will not work Koh. You gave me mortars!

Heidi-acking the thread? :D This is going nowhere. We must get serious!

Main AVENUE of APPROACH continued...

CMRT-Winter-Mode-3

No one wants to be baked in the cold steel. Bogged at the start, T34 crew only hope.

T34 main worry is where are the AT guns. As Koh still didn't moded any Stugs it was one less thing to worry about. But as Soviet industrial production is heating up, Axis and Koh needs Your help! 

If You've ever dreamed of moding a Winter snowy Stug, it's Your time - PM @kohlenklau.

CMRT-Winter-Mode-4

Just for imagination. T34 is beautifull machine but Stug :wub:... or maybe I'll change profile picture?

I can’t concentrate on writing. This SAAR is losing track!

... AVENUES of APPROACH - LEFT FLANK

While we were chatting Armored car in a fast and dangerous move managed to sneak KEY TERRAIN. Tip for Harry - The roof without snow is a secret agent code that Germans are not in the building. Now that's inteligence and the new CM feature no one told You about. Ha!

CMRT-Winter-Mode-6

CMRT-Winter-Mode-8

Mortar team is shooting in the dark all over the place.