something wrong with tank gunner

Wieking

Wieking,

Welcome aboard!

It's most helpful that you provided video of what happened, but do you have the actual turn save available for examination by BFC or one of the Beta Testers? If so, that would reveal a great deal more, since the engagement could then be reviewed minutely from all sorts of angles, to establish what happened. In terms of the mere mortals here, it would be helpful to know what the engagement range was. The AT-11 is intended to 1) strike targets outside of main gun range, 2) engage targets of low hit probability otherwise and 3) defend against helicopter and other slow mover aerial attack. If 3) sounds crazy, understand that TOW has both air-to-air and surface-to-air kills vs helos. For comparison, TOW has an average speed of 188 m/sec vs 250 m/sec for the AT-11.

Vanir Ausf B,

I'd think that a tree strike, for a weapon traveling a few meters AGL, would bring it down much faster than what we saw, but then, I don't know how detailed the missile kinematics model is. Two meters are precios little to play with, and missiles are fragile things.

eniced73,

The AT-11, and all Russian ATGMs fired from tank cannon, are laser beam riders. There are no wires to snag. Interrupt the guidance beam, and crash goes the missile.

Regards,

John Kettler

It looks like the tank was firing AT-11 missiles and they flew off course because of trees in the flight path.

What kind of trees? combat anti-laser trees?

The only sing what you must do to hit target with AT-11: jast hold the mark on target.

My ganner is drank or some kind of pacifist or both - its the only solution 

Trees in the flight path of any guided ground-launched missile in the game have a high probability of causing that missile to fly off course. Except for Javelins. I'm not saying that's necessarily how it works in reality, I'm saying that's how it works in the game. You asked what happened. That's what happened.

Edited by Vanir Ausf B

If you want my opinion, this looks like a Shtora jammer was operational on the Ukranian side. Especially the second time where the missile loses guidance mid-flight. It is possible, since BM Oplot is equipped with Shtora-1. I don't know if BM Oplot is present in the scenario though. It is still interesting as to why the crew chose an GLATGM, range here seems permisive of a HE shot, even counting inferior ballistics and, therefore, accuracy. 

Edited by BTR

If you want my opinion, this looks like a Shtora jammer was operational on the Ukranian side. Especially the second time where the missile loses guidance mid-flight. It is possible, since BM Oplot is equipped with Shtora-1. I don't know if BM Oplot is present in the scenario though. It is still interesting as to why the crew chose an GLATGM, range here seems permisive of a HE shot, even counting inferior ballistics and, therefore, accuracy. 

yes, my opponent have BM Oplot beside. Its the most likely explanation.

John Kettler

After the end of the match I make actual turn save available. I promise.

Edited by Wieking

• 2 weeks later...