MG Flat Roofs?

well its defenitley a bug as far as I can tell, any flat top building in scenarios or qbs, I can not access the roof, but whats really strange is if I go into the scenario editor and choose the flat roof building and save it as a scenario it gives me the roof option, here is a video from MG All Round Defense, so you can see the bug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7xrxesJ8qA&feature=youtu.be

I quick tested the flat roof Indi Holland building with the Elst master map and can confirm that access to the roof (level 4) is not granted. The other non flat roofed Holland buildings give access up to level 4 normally. I also know from past plays and map building that the flat roof building works normally in newly created maps. Haven´t tested other maps that came with MG module, but it sounds like a map database bug maybe.

Edit: Tested with CMBN V3.11 and all modules installed (CW, MG, VP).

Edited by RockinHarry

• 3 months later...

I'd have to go through, but the issue seems to be that it isn't uniform.  For example if you create a map today it'd be no problem.  It seems only in released scenarios/Qbs and maybe not even all of those.  My guess is at some point in the beta process it got borked, some maps were created and those maps once that passed that point would have the issue.  It can be fixed by going into the map, deleting the building and re adding it.  I can't say how much effort that is worth as honestly I went looking for some samples and as is usual when you do that I had trouble locating them.  Honestly now that I know about it I may go back and fix my own because, yeah that does kind of bug me (no pun intended) and if I do so I will submit those to BF to be included as part of later updates.  Whether there is an organized process to fixing those  I can't say.

is it a huge deal?no, its the principal that it was confirmed as a bug and not fixed

I know Charles is a brain floating in a jar of nutrient fluid powered by red bull, but there are only 24 hours in a day, and there's an enormous list of things to do.

If a bug has been reported, and is reproducible, it will get fixed. Eventually. Maybe.

For the most part yes.  But there is a class of bug like this one where a fix can be made that does not quite cover everything.  Think about how many wondering crew issues have been reported or goofy bridge pathing issues.  There have been multiple fixes and each fix was real and made things better but some problems still remain.  This one is even more blecky because the fix might not cover every roof on every map.  Sucks for sure.  Only thing that we can do is report each thing we see and slowly work our way through them.