help with mission ecoqueneuville Please!!

Funny you should ask.. I just passed it finally, after many, many tries. It's one of those "puzzle maps" where you have to figure out what the designer wants you to do, and unless you do exactly that, you're not going to beat it.

The key to solving the mission is to make a flanking move towards the hill with the 88s. If you do this very fast, you can knock out the two bunkers and set up your two 76mm Shermans to hit the German counterattack in the flank when it arrives. Then it's mainly just a matter of shooting fish in a barrel.

It's not very satisfying to beat the mission in this way, as the only way you can pull it off is because you know the road is clear all the way to the flanking position, and you know a counterattack is coming exactly there. You only have this information because you have been replaying it over and over. If you play the mission without this knowledge, you need to slowly scout your way, and then there's no way you'll make it in time. Once the enemy tanks and infantry are in position in the hedgerows, it's basically game over.

Edited by Bulletpoint

Thnx!!

I very much appreciate that!this mission has tortured me for days!

only two differences to how my plans and your came about;

1. I always play in Real-time first time out [big mistake on some maps, i run out of time because of thinking/planning], the i run Turn-based.

2. did your maps have these differences that you saw?

>2a> In the field to the left [the one in the middle of map] I found a mine-field did yours?

>2b>  at the top of the map, the german's had an anti-tank gun aiming right down the road, so when my tanks turned the corner they were annihilated.

PS; I gave your videos a "Like " and I subscribed, on youtube.

many many Thanks!!

John.

Edited by GEN Moore

Thnx!!

I very much appreciate that!this mission has tortured me for days!

only two differences to how my plans and your came about;

1. I always play in Real-time first time out [big mistake on some maps, i run out of time because of thinking/planning], the i run Turn-based.

2. did your maps have these differences that you saw?

>2a> In the field to the left [the one in the middle of map] I found a mine-field did yours?

>2b>  at the top of the map, the german's had an anti-tank gun aiming right down the road, so when my tanks turned the corner they were annihilated.

PS; I gave your videos a "Like " and I subscribed, on youtube.

many many Thanks!!

John.

Oh, they are not my videos! I just linked to them because I thought they might help you out.

But yes, I remember the mines in the field. If I remember correctly, there's only one single square of them, so you can go around them.

And yes, there's an AT-gun pointing down the road (and more nasty things at the road bend). It's not advisable to send your armour that route.

I think that you might be mixing these videos up with someone else's. Two different people have posted video series from this campaign. This current series has commentary on all of them. And I think the maker does a pretty good job of guiding the viewer through his actions.

Quite possibly,, I apologize to the authors for any derogatory remark's I made.

The authors do do a great job!

Thanks Warts...  I stopped in the first mission of Montebourg when I heard the campaign would need tweaking.  Is it now all fixed and the final version?

Erwin, to be honest I've never heard that "The Road to Montebourg" campaign needed tweaking, although I am still running v2.12 so there might be a problem that I don't know about with v3. The maker of the current series of youtube videos "Owenerd123" is using the v3 upgrade and doesn't appear to have any technical problems. I think that most people have only had serious technical problems with the German "Kampfguppe Engel" campaign. My only prob with "Montebourg" is my rubbish tactics. Haha