Music

Doug Williams

And here is the Barenaked Ladies.  I love this band.  This isn't my footage... when I go to concerts I prefer to keep my phone/camera in my pocket and enjoy the atmosphere... I then steal other peoples YouTube footage to forever remember it by... LOL

'The Night they Drove Old Dixie Down', by the Band.

The Band's (inadvertent?) nostalgic tribute to the Lost Cause of the Confederacy. The composer and lead-singer Robbie Robertson, a half-Jewish, half Cherokee Canadian was an unlikely contributor the to old Myth. But if the South ever rises again this hymn will serve as a resonant background score. Joan Baez, a 60's icon, also recorded a very fine and moving version: "'Til so much cavalry came and tore up the tracks again'.

Edited by Childress

ah one should never box yourself in.

Generally I steer clear of most pop, but this young woman is a pretty darn impressive performer - yeah may be dating myself calling her young, but hey she wasn't old enough to be singing when I was in high school. :P

Here is a band I just happened to wander upon playing in Dallas Alley in  - you guessed it Dallas - back in the mid 1990's -  Outstanding live Blues performers  Gracie Moon

Edited by sburke

and just cause we got on the subject of blues...okay yeah I started it :D

I got to see this dude from about 15 feet away at Mountain Winery in Saratoga before they remodeled it.  Bleachers and a plain old stage.

And lest we forget - a master bluesman and major musical loss - play it Stevie!

I remember being fascinated by the fact that he never, ever seemed to be...lost in any way...It was as though he never took a breather...or took a pause to think where he was gonna go next, it just flowed out of him.
It's going to be a long time before anyone that brilliant will come along again. 
Eric Clapton

Edited by sburke

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...