Deville - is victory possible?

Anyone?

Been playing this one scenario for a couple of weeks. Really like it but have struggled to do better than draw.

Probably due to its design since the Americans call off the assault when night falls. I can see how it might be achieved - never facing-off with the Americans, falling back intelligently and letting them run into indirect fire, a Pak in the trees at the end of the main road into town (very important!) etc. I gave up firing at silhouettes in the buildings as it wasted precious ammo.

Anyone had any success or really like this scenario?

Edited by RedMenace

Worth noting that the "Difficulty" level doesn't have very much effect on how easy the AI is to beat. It's more about how tricky it is to get the info you want out of the UI. This does make it a bit harder, but will be very unlikely to make much difference in your victory level; it's more atmosphere and immersion, IMO.

I've only played it as the Germans in a PBEM, and didn't have too much trouble trading space for time, but my opponent was conservative with the Stuarts - the AI plans probably aren't to the same degree. I'm sure its winnable against AI despite the disparity in numbers.

Just had a go - first time playing as Germans but have played the US a few times. 

A few thoughts: 

I would generally leave your men to aim for themselves rather than target places/troops. Particularly at night time - you don't want them to get surprised.

Try to place your men at angles to the likely assault - this should mean not too many enemy troops can target you when you open fire. 

Keep a reserve back behind the front line to be able to redeploy quickly.

Have your FO use a cover arc - they are good spotters, and hopefully should not get spotted.

Don't be afraid to close-assault tanks if necessary - they won't be able to spot well as it is getting dark.

Good luck - hope you do better next time!