Combat Mission Movie Number 6: Tank Battle

Is this what you are trying to do?:

(what I did was copy the url from the browser when viewing the video and then pasting it into the message and then manually editing the s out of https).

If not then please just ignore me.

Yay! Thanks Ian! I was utterly baffled as to how you do it. I've done it before so no idea why I couldn't repeat the process now other than being a bit dim :D  :rolleyes:

That was a great watch. So gritty and realistic. And them screams had me almost forgetting that I was watching a game, I actually found myself wincing at their pain.

Yeah. I was worried that I'd overdone it a bit, Hopefully it's in keeping with the piece and it helps o get some emotional connection with what those poor men went through.

Tried to watch your vid but unfortunately it is blocked on YouTube Germany due to copyright issues

with the music used in this video.

I keep saying I'll do one without music but then forget. I'll try to remember next time and do two versions. One with and one without music.

By the way, your wishlist for cm2 is is great! Lets hope it comes true.

Wow, outstanding video. The computer "reenactment" segments in those WWII documentaries need to use CM as their engine.

High praise indeed. I'm quite surprised that we don't see more of the engine in documentaries. It would be great for explaining tactics. Seeing what advances CM made from the original game when it came out way back, I can't wait to see what the future holds for tactical wargaming like this. I'm sure it would be a great traing tool as well for the army. I think they already use a game called Steel Beasts to teach about the principles of armoured warfare.

I keep saying I'll do one without music but then forget. I'll try to remember next time and do two versions. One with and one without music.

By the way, your wishlist for cm2 is is great! Lets hope it comes true.

One with no music would definitely have the Saving Private Ryan feel to it, either way your direction was excellent! Completely engrossing.

One of the best movies with CM out there.  A gem which should definitely go in your "Favorites" folder.

Thank you very much. it really is gratifying to have such praise. Think I'll start another one for the pleasure of playing the game and also for the satisfaction of doing another little video. This time I'll do a version without the music and maybe one with.