researching a new scenario. Be careful when you google XXX Corps!

kohlenklau

OK, here is what I am thinking...

I have the John Tiller Panzer Campaigns (PzC) Market Garden '44 (MG'44) and I wrote this PzC scenario "The Road to Eindhoven"...

Outline: 0600-1800, 18 September 1944. PzC turns are 2 hours. So 6 turns total. Not too long and not too short. Any assaults/attacks/probes would be acted out using CMBN-MG (bound to be several!).

Objective: We want to see some cool PBEM AAR action, screenshots and commentary...in this here BFC forum.

Needed: dedicated personnel who can see it through to completion, who can host photos or video, who can run an AAR thread with some minor photoshop-type work to make it nice.

Goal: have fun and be good sports. There is a working set of rules. 

If you are interested, please PM me if you have hosted your own photos, have experience to do imagery to show your battle intentions and if you are a dedicated PBEM (CM Helper & dropbox experienced) opponent who has steadily swapped turns until the battle was done.

Thank you. :D

Edited by kohlenklau

OK, :D

I got 2 fine gentlemen for the axis side. A commander (mjkerner) who will run the show for his side but Mark can also enjoy PBEMs hip-hip-hooray. Then, waiting on final confirm for Fizou. He'll provide experienced CMPzC advice/counsel to his axis commander but of course also enjoy PBEMs. I have issued Fizou a "light duty chit" and he is not required to do editor work or data editing and such. Because Carl already has the sore shoulders and blisters after he pulled a big wagon full of boulders doing many chores for CMFI CMPzC Ribera Campaign.

Allied Team: hello! hello! <echo  echo...> Maybe I have kuderian as the equivalent to Fizou above for the same exact reason. NEED A QUALIFIED ALLIED CO. You get big points if your last name contains a hyphen and you drink tea.

We have an allied CO. ChappyCanuck is onboard. Mark (no, different Mark than mjkerner!) is already kicking and bucking as he sees me approach to try and buckle on his photoshop saddle and slip a graphic artist bridle into his mouth. Did that sound odd? Ewww! 

We can call one guy "Mark 1" and the other "Mark 2"?  Sounds like panzers!!!   :D

• 2 weeks later...

If you want some info on the Irish Guards there are this site : http://ww2talk.com/forums/forum/74-the-brigade-of-guards/

After General Adair changed the formations of the Division shortly after Operation Bluecoat to let the Coldstream, Grenadier, Irish

and Welsh form groups with the Battalions of their specific names (one armoured + one infantry battalion in each group) the

Irish guards came up with their own Order of March :

NORMAL ORDER OF MARCH
(Varied in detail, but not in principle.)

A” Coy./Sqdn. Battle Group.
One troop tanks.
One troop tanks carrying one infantry platoon.
A detachment of Royal Engineers.
Company and Squadron H.Qs. and Artillery Forward Observation Officer.
Third troop and Squadron H.Q. troop carrying infantry platoons.
Two 3-inch mortars.
Two 6-pdr. anti-tank guns
A section of carriers (for administrative purposes).
Detachment of Pioneer Platoon.

R” (for Reconnaissance) Group.
Officers commanding 3rd and 2nd (Armoured) Battalions.
Representatives of the supporting arms.
Honey tanks.
Rear link and Command wireless trucks.

O” (Order) Group.
O.C. Support Company.
O.C. “B” Battle Group.
Pioneer Platoon (less one detachment).
One troop 17-pdr. anti-tank battery.
A section of carriers.
Two detachments 3-inch mortars.
Two detachments 6-pdr. anti-tank platoons.
2nd (Armoured) Battalion Regimental Aid Post.

B” Battle Group
Squadron tanks.
Infantry company in lorries.
Artillery Forward Observation Officer.
Detachment Royal Engineers.
Two 3-inch mortars.
Section of carriers.
Detachment Pioneer Platoon.
Two detachments 6-pdr. anti-tank platoons.

C” Battle Group.
Squadron tanks.
Infantry company in lorries.

Reserve Group.
Fourth infantry company in lorries.
Main Battalion H.Q.
Troop 17-pdr. anti-tank guns (towed).
3rd Battalion Regimental Aid Post.
Section of the Field Ambulance.
“A” Echelon, 3rd Battalion.
Medium M.G. Platoon.
“F” Echelon, 2nd Battalion.

Gives you an idear how they were organized.

Thanks Lille! Funny but I did sprinkle the parts for one battle almost like the "A" Battle Group except I left out the towed guns.

My general research said that Irish Guards and I think all other Guards units used numbers to designate squadrons and companies. Everyone else in British Army used letters. Do you or anyone else know why? Just a distinction to Guards being special/elite/Royalish? The further research for Sept '44 said that 2IG had no 3rd Coy and just 1,2 and 4 due to losses. 

I try to do a little research to flavor things up authentically. :D

I like to use historic correct names, in my (only) scenario made for CMBN called "MG No Country for Tanks" I tried to be as authentical as

possible and at that point in Op. Market Garden, on the 21st of September, IG was down to 3 Infantry Coys because of heavy casualties

No. 1,2 and 4. But why Guards units use numbers instead of letters I dont know, problably a very old tradition.