Thanks for the scenario design AAR book with the BS download

Bahger

This document looks just great for mission designers, really comprehensive and definitive.  I have never built missions in CM games (but lots in Steel Beasts, DCS A-10C and many other sims) but I was considering taking the plunge and this will be a great "bible".  Thanks again.

I still cannot see how my thread title can be misconstrued as a complaint about download issues (sorry, but my d/l was completely problem-free and took 45 min). While capable of sarcasm, I find it a good rule not to use it passive-aggressively. Anyway, sorry about the confusion and also about those affected by the d/l issue.

The first day BFC seemed to have been something of a victim of its own success for awhile. I'm reminded of news reports of Black Friday shoppers after Thanksgiving pressing in a mass against the shopping mall sliding doors in anticipation of the stores opening. People got trampled in the crush. The craziness has now passed.

On the topic of building scenarios - rule #1 is HAVE FUN! If you're anxious and struggling that means you're trying too hard. There's no rule that says your first scenario has to be a doctoral dissertation on modern military tactics. In CMFI I threw together a little scenario that involved vino-drunk infantrymen in a midnight assault on an Italian-occupied hilltop wh_rehouse. No real-world topographic maps or historical battlefield reports to consult in making that scenario!  ;)

• 1 year later...

Hey there,

I was under the impression that the document would Black Sea related, going more in depth regarding the background and so forth, but the document "A Scen Design AAR PDF Book.pdf", as good as it is, is all about CMBN. Did I miss something here?

1 hour ago, JanMasterson said:

Hey there,

I was under the impression that the document would Black Sea related, going more in depth regarding the background and so forth, but the document "A Scen Design AAR PDF Book.pdf", as good as it is, is all about CMBN. Did I miss something here?

Nope. But the principles etc are valid for all CM games from CMBN and later.