Please assist with explanations!

Tripps

Well, for the troops using the "wrong" door the waypoint must have been different than the one shown on my test and also on Tripps' test, which both handle the same result. I'd say the original plot was in e square. Otherwise there's no explanation for the troops using the wrong door to reach the ordered c square, unless, in that particular case, the AI failed to recognize the presence of the "right" door, which is abasolutely possible because, as you said, there were many reports of problems with building entrances etc. and that kind of bug took most of the patch development time for what I understood.

I don't really trust these independent buildings.

I still maintain my orders were similar, if not 99% the same as my second test, I will run it a few more times and see if i can replicate the result.

Now, using another piece of that mod, I made a proving ground, this is a 3x3 squared area, which uses a texture that covers 100% of each square, and this particular texuture visually devides each terrain tile into 4 smaller Tiles:

2sbsoww.jpg

As you can see the plotter does not places the waypoint exactly in the center of the squares...

Note also that the other ground type is larger on the right and smaller on the left.. so there's another case of skewness of the terrain grid, which is misplaced with regards to the logic grid of commands.

Edited by Kieme(ITA)

Therefore there's a wrong alignment between the command grid system (which comes on when you plot waypoints by means of the yellowish highlight) and the real terrain grid.

I think this sums it up very nicely, and as long as i did not have a brain fart and plot the wrong door in the very first instance - we can leave this until i run some more tests!

Ideas on the Hq and fence, and Hq radio? :)

Now, using another piece of that mod, I made a proving ground, this is a 3x3 squared area, which uses a texture that covers 100% of each square, and this particular texuture visually devides each terrain tile into 4 smaller Tiles:

2sbsoww.jpg

As you can see the plotter does not places the waypoint exactly in the center of the squares...

Yes i can totally see that now, still makes for awkward viewing when the sniper team looks to run 5m or so in the totally opposite direction from what you have plotted - but at least i can see why this can happen in game... not much we as players can do with it, since we cant see at a glance which terrain is lined up better to the orders grid...

Kieme,

Wow, thanks for the details.  I had no idea things were that complicated. It is pretty cool seeing explanations like this for some of the odd things the pixeltruppen do. 

I'd always just chalked it up to Hans seeing a lucky butterfly out the other door and deciding that was the safest way to exit, and then Gregor only does what Hans does so he followed out the wrong door because he didn't graduate from Gymnasium and Hans is always right...  :D

It is very interesting to see your explanation with the squares.  I've thought about playing with the editor and knowing how these things work is necessary when doing building placements.

Thanks.

Heinrich505

Well, since we have finished the game and my opponent has generously given me his password, I can test some things.

First up was the HQ - and here are his orders:

<image removed>

As you can see, one direct order, no way points or anything - and the turn played out almost identical, this time they lost sight for a second or two longer:

http://vid1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah202/jonniedeboer/hq%20take%202_zpsdg96gvfl.mp4

That looks like a bug to me...