Still want more PBEM opponents

Sublime

I get a really good turn return. 2-3 a day, at least 1. Almost down for any scenario BN or RT or QBs. I like QBs.  IF a QB prefer reinforced company with a couple tanks. I like REALISM> this doesnt mean all uber forces and weapons.  This doesnt mean gamey nonsense.

dropbox me a setup or PM me

jeffreypclark84@yahoo.com

Yes I posted this in BN as well. EIther game is fine. Bring it swine!

• 3 weeks later...

Howzit All

Id also like to add myself to the PBEM gamer list. Ive got all 3 CM games and im ready to play. Due to me being in South Africa, ill be limited to 1 turn per day for the US players as timezones would make it difficult otherwise, but European and UK players will get more turn per day as the time zones are reasonably close.

Regards

JC

I threw an email in another thread, but I'm going to use Cjburke86@yahoo.com for my dropbox. I am going to be sending games out to the gentlemen on this list, hopefully you have dropbox and H2HH up. 

Available for any manner of play Red Thunder.

Edited by fry30

Hello again gentlemen.

After a frustrating night, I believe I am throwing in the towel.  I tried to install and run Head 2 Head Helper, Dropbox, and create the first turn of a game and nothing has worked for me tonight. Then I realized I should use CM helper 1.5.0, and although it recognized my folders (One is located in documents/battlefront, one is located in program files (x86)/battlefront) nothing else changed. I am now getting an error in the log folder (h2hh spit out an error, but didn't really speak the same language as I.)

Again my dropbox email is cjburke86@yahoo.com and if anyone could send me a CMRT game, basically anything goes, I'd be very much obliged. 

-----

From my log (Example of me trying to send a game to Sublime):

Noting new CM Red Thunder game based on C:\Users\twburkenh\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Red Thunder\Game Files\Outgoing Email\Fry Sublime.ema
Adding game: Fry Sublime.ema
Checking if I can see the app: C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlefront\Combat Mission Red Thunder\CM Red Thunder.exe
yes
Checking folders for Fry Sublime.ema
(no custom game file folder specified... looking to see what you have...
looking: is there's a single game file folder C:\Users\twburkenh\Dropbox\Fry Sublime.ema
nope...
... ok, is there's a game file folder pair?
nope.)
Ooops, individual game file folders have to be under a common root folder
use Installs->Edit Install to set this
Can't set game file folder to C:\Users\twburkenh\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Red Thunder\Game Files\Outgoing Email 
watcher->(I saw a file change... 
watcher->...so I called for refresh)
(refresh underway)
(watching for changes...)

SECOND TRY, NOW ATTEMPTING TO LOAD DIRECTLY FROM DROPBOX FILE INTO CM HELPER

Noting new CM Red Thunder game based on C:\Users\twburkenh\Dropbox\Fry Sublime.ema
Adding game: Fry Sublime.ema
Checking if I can see the app: C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlefront\Combat Mission Red Thunder\CM Red Thunder.exe
yes
Checking folders for Fry Sublime.ema
(no custom game file folder specified... looking to see what you have...
looking: is there's a single game file folder C:\Users\twburkenh\Dropbox\Fry Sublime.ema
nope...
... ok, is there's a game file folder pair?
nope.)
Ooops, individual game file folders have to be under a common root folder
use Installs->Edit Install to set this
Can't set game file folder to C:\Users\twburkenh\Dropbox 
-----

Hey Fry. 

I got mine set up last night and its working great. I had a similar issue to you. Bascially solved it by manually copying the save file ( the first one without numbers ) into incoming saves in your battlefront folder in my documents ( my opponent started the game - if you start I believe its outgoing? ).

Then in CM helper add a game and point it to the save file that is now in either your outgoing or incoming save location. 

In CM helper, right click the game and click - create dropbox. This should set up a dropbox folder for you named the same as the game. 

Once that is done open the save in Combat mission and load it. Pick your forces and click done - which should generate a new save. 

CM Helper at this point should copy the save to dropbox automagically and work as advertised from there on out.

Sorry if these instructions are rubbish. It is still early where I am and I needs more coffee so that the fuzzybrain stops. 

If you still struggling PM my skype details and see if I can help get yours sorted. Provided time zones align and all that. 

Cheers