So has a decision been made as to additional Packs?

In the past the AI couldn't use assault boats on water, so it may be that it is still too hard to code to have something like landing craft.  Doubt we'll see anything like that in the next few years.

Well the AI in CMX1 games couldn't use assualt boats but I wouldn't assume with the AI plans of CMX2 it couldn't you'd probably agree.

I'd doubt they would ever want to do landing craft but I could see assualt boats and LVTs.

I notice that a lot of the things avidly requested don't really belong in a game on CM's scale, but two or three tiers higher up the food chain. If the game was based on regiments/brigades or divisions, instead of squads and platoons, things like paradrops and extensive tank riding would make perfect sense. But that's not where CM is at.

Michael

But CM does encourage large maps with close to regimental battles taking place. There are a few scenarios out there already.

few but they really tax the average machine out there.  Encouraging is not really the right word.  I'd say it was players are pushing the multiple Bn/Regiment scenarios more than BF.  They are conceding to a request that really is more than what I think BF originally scoped.

Personally I think battles of that scale tend to water down the strengths of the game.  Moving large amounts of units leads to more generalized movement orders that then get hung up on AI pathing etc.  I do play the larger ones, but I know I can't give them the same attention I give the smaller scenarios and I miss out a lot on what I like most in this game.  And to Michael's point a single Regiment doesn't qualify for what he was describing. 

I don't know about assault boats as they have different issues, they would have to be truck movable and then BF is looking at animations and behavior etc.  However LVTs, DUKWs and yes the Schwimmwagen would fit within what they already are doing with BMPs etc.

Good. I already evaded paying a fine for wrong parking today. It is a lucky day. ;)

About the Peng thread. Never had the patience to read it. Not many things there make much sense but maybe that is a point there? BTW, why is it called "Peng"?

That is a question that can only properly be asked and answered within the Peng Challenge Thread itself...consider it the end of your lucky day if you decide to venture there.