Installing from Scratch (december 2014)

i just took CW from bfc (had cmbn, v2 , v3 and MG installed so far, was missing CW) site and was reading other threads but only got more confused because outdated information or changes in patch instalations

i deleted all CMBN games/modules from my pc and want to install from scratch

Commonwealth module

on BFC site it says ' This is Game Engine v2.12' when purchasing CW (december 2014)

now i dont know in which order to install

Should it be :

CMBN 1.00

CMBN 1.11

CMBN CW (which includes 2.0 upgrade since mid 2014 or something)

CMBN MG

CMBN 3.00

CMBN 3.11

edit:got everything except vehicles pack

is that correct or it needs to be done differently?

i am almost sure i know how it needs to be installed but one minor mistake and everything falls into water. best if you contact helpdesk http://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/mytickets

Thanks. As it happens in the end I did a full install from scratch and it all worked perfectly. The sequence was

CMBN + Commonwealth Bundle

1.11 patch

2.0 upgrade

Market Garden

2.12 patch

3.0 upgrade - at this point I activated the game using the 3.0 key

Vehicle Pack

Activated base CMBN + Commonwealth using original key

Activated Market Garden using its key

3.11 patch

All active. No glitches whatsoever. Mind you this process is incredibly unintuitive and required a lot of reading, and trying to understand what is going on as I have yet to see official or unofficial instructions that are truly complete. Not for any lack of effort on the part of folks here, mind you. Members have been outstandingly willing to help. I've dealt with helpdesk before and they are also very nice, but really, installing a patch or an add on to a game should not require tech support.

In fact, the activation system is a massive hindrance to my enjoyment of the game. I have had to not install it for months because I know I will need to wipe my computer and am afraid I'll run out of activations. I wipe my computer for a number of reasons on at least an annual basis so this isn't a question of needing just one more activation.

The system is asinine and a turn off for friends who I've wanted to convince to try the game. Whoever heard of NOT installing a game you legitimately paid for because you MIGHT not be able to run it for licensing reasons?

I like Battlefront, I like the game, but this system...yeeesh.

Your redemption will come today in the form of forum modernisation. Soon what you strife for will be delivered and no more such posts will be happening. Consider yourself one of the last of your species. ;)

Devs announces improvements - read the pinned announcement.

Your redemption will come today in the form of forum modernisation. Soon what you strife for will be delivered and no more such posts will be happening. Consider yourself one of the last of your species. ;)

Devs announces improvements - read the pinned announcement.

Actually, I don't mind the forums at all. ;)

It's the activation system I was talking about.

We're VERY aware of that. Ask us how we deal with this during beta testing! (No, don't, unless you like long sad stories).

So, we've come up with a new way to deal with this issue, and already have begun switching to it from 3.10 on. In fact, customers who purchased the Vehicle Pack disc (mail only or download&mail) are already benefitting, because they got a disc with the FULL family including ALL materials, so this protracted procedure isn't needed any more.

The same benefit will be extended to all download customers, too, and we'll be tackling the conversion this week after the forum migration is done and over with. What will happen is that all 3.0 Engine purchase downloads will be converted to a BIG MUTHA master installer, and it will always be up to date automatically as patches are released. It'll be the only thing needed for a re-install. And if you purchase a module later on that was released but you didn't get, you won't even have to download anything.

More details about this at a later time.

The forum will be shut down for the migration shortly.

Martin

Thanks. As it happens in the end I did a full install from scratch and it all worked perfectly. The sequence was

CMBN + Commonwealth Bundle

1.11 patch

2.0 upgrade

Market Garden

2.12 patch

3.0 upgrade - at this point I activated the game using the 3.0 key

Vehicle Pack

Activated base CMBN + Commonwealth using original key

Activated Market Garden using its key

3.11 patch

All active. No glitches whatsoever. Mind you this process is incredibly unintuitive and required a lot of reading, and trying to understand what is going on as I have yet to see official or unofficial instructions that are truly complete. Not for any lack of effort on the part of folks here, mind you. Members have been outstandingly willing to help. I've dealt with helpdesk before and they are also very nice, but really, installing a patch or an add on to a game should not require tech support.

In fact, the activation system is a massive hindrance to my enjoyment of the game. I have had to not install it for months because I know I will need to wipe my computer and am afraid I'll run out of activations. I wipe my computer for a number of reasons on at least an annual basis so this isn't a question of needing just one more activation.

The system is asinine and a turn off for friends who I've wanted to convince to try the game. Whoever heard of NOT installing a game you legitimately paid for because you MIGHT not be able to run it for licensing reasons?

I like Battlefront, I like the game, but this system...yeeesh.

Will this Big Mutha install set up the incoming/outgoing files just like RT and FI? Under the My Documents folder?

We're VERY aware of that. Ask us how we deal with this during beta testing! (No, don't, unless you like long sad stories).

So, we've come up with a new way to deal with this issue, and already have begun switching to it from 3.10 on. In fact, customers who purchased the Vehicle Pack disc (mail only or download&mail) are already benefitting, because they got a disc with the FULL family including ALL materials, so this protracted procedure isn't needed any more.

The same benefit will be extended to all download customers, too, and we'll be tackling the conversion this week after the forum migration is done and over with. What will happen is that all 3.0 Engine purchase downloads will be converted to a BIG MUTHA master installer, and it will always be up to date automatically as patches are released. It'll be the only thing needed for a re-install. And if you purchase a module later on that was released but you didn't get, you won't even have to download anything.

More details about this at a later time.

The forum will be shut down for the migration shortly.

Martin