Mortar Team - Deployment

This might be a noob question for all(some) of you, however i am really really stuck on a perhaps seemingly simple issue.

In my combat mission (version 3.11) battle for normandy...

I cannot seem to effectively use my mortar teams

When ever i click on the DEPLOY BUTTON (J) the mortar team do not deploy and assemble their weapon.. but the cursor simply lets me point to anywhere in the map.. and the mortar team soldiers fire their other firearm. it brings up a RED horizontal line.

Why is this so ? Why when i press the deploy button.. they are not deploying ? Can u help ? thank you all .. best

I wonder, why do you say the DEPLOY button is J? By default, that's Target Briefly. If your mortar is not deployed and given a Target Briefly order, then they will indeed use their small arms and never fire the undeployed mortar.

Typically, the deployment itself is less than a turn. If you have truly given the Deploy Order you may see mortar rounds down range before the minute is through (thinking turn based).

Hmm interesting. I was quoting the hotkey shown within the deploy box... MAybe a bug/ or I have it wrong? I'll check again. So... Just fir the record. What's the default Deploy weapon hotkey in your case please ? I m using real time and not turn based.

i tried uploading pics.. but i don't really know how. Your screenshot helped me ALOT. Whereas i thought i was pressing Pause (hotkey / in my version) its in fact.. DEPLOY WEAPON.

It seems there is a Whole lot of confused wired hotkeys in between versions. I noticed also in my other commands for acquire which in fact corresponds correctly to your screenshot only. Can i have your other screen shots for 'Movement' 'Combat' and Special please ?

Should i / we report this ?

Hmm. I don't really have mods. I bought (Mac vetsion) CM BN big bundle that includes MG and CW modules. Then I applied version 3 upgrade. Then I applied patch. In that order. Do u have 3.11 and its ok ? Can anyone else verify his Mac copy is not like mine ?

Thanks guys

I´d say there´s definitely something wrong with your text and/or controls:

In your screenshots each member of the mortar team is called "Stuart VI". That is surely not right (unless of course the team consists of quadruplets - with a very unimaginative father, named Stuart V :D )

I think these kinds of errors are normally related to having mods installed when upgrading, but if that is not the case then I wonder if this might have something to do with the game being a save game from before installing an upgrade?

I´d say there´s definitely something wrong with your text and/or controls:

In your screenshots each member of the mortar team is called "Stuart VI". That is surely not right (unless of course the team consists of quadruplets - with a very unimaginative father, named Stuart V :D )

I think these kinds of errors are normally related to having mods installed when upgrading, but if that is not the case then I wonder if this might have something to do with the game being a save game from before installing an upgrade?

I think patching in the wrong order can cause this too.

I think these kinds of errors are normally related to having mods installed when upgrading

Having mods does *not* interfere with installing, patching or upgrading. Some mods can interfere with the way the game runs though but no harm is done to your install and removing the conflicting mods fixes things. It does not seem to be the case here.

I think patching in the wrong order can cause this too.

Now this is exactly what is going on.

Not sure if these always help but here are two articles from the support web site that show the order of installation.

This is the one have book marked for reference:

http://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/help/article/128133

Just saw a link to this one which has more options / choices:

http://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/help/article/127908

OK ! Here is an update !

So.. i followed instructions.

Step 1. First i installed the Big Bundle. Version 2.20 and Engine 2.0

Step 2. Then i installed Engine Upgrade 3.0.

I CHECKED the game both after step 1, and after step 2 --> and in the text has full integrity, i.e., there is no jumbled text like the original posting of this thread.

THEN i installed PATCH 3.11..... and VOILA. The text is jumbled.

Am i not supposed to install this 3.11 patch ? If i don't do this.. my game is stuck at 2.20.

Any suggestions ?

borg, not sure what's in the Big Bundle, but if it doesn't include either the 1.11 or 2.12 patches, then you need to install them in the proper order. I didn't have the bundle, and when I got the Vehicle Pack, I needed to reinstall the whole CMBN/CW/MG shebang anyway...forgot to include 2.12 patch in the install process, and had a similar problem to the one you are having.

OK ! Here is an update !

So.. i followed instructions.

Step 1. First i installed the Big Bundle. Version 2.20 and Engine 2.0

Step 2. Then i installed Engine Upgrade 3.0.

I CHECKED the game both after step 1, and after step 2 --> and in the text has full integrity, i.e., there is no jumbled text like the original posting of this thread.

THEN i installed PATCH 3.11..... and VOILA. The text is jumbled.

Am i not supposed to install this 3.11 patch ? If i don't do this.. my game is stuck at 2.20.

Any suggestions ?

If you installed 3.0 but it still says 2.2 then I'd say there's a problem. Did you use the new 3.0 code when installing 3.0 and 3.11? Some people have had problems installing 3.0 and the 3.11 patch because they used the wrong code.

Other than that, I'd post in the tech support forum or open a help ticket.

If you installed 3.0 but it still says 2.2 then I'd say there's a problem. Did you use the new 3.0 code when installing 3.0 and 3.11? Some people have had problems installing 3.0 and the 3.11 patch because they used the wrong code.

Other than that, I'd post in the tech support forum or open a help ticket.

I installed Engine 3.0.. and it says on main menu screen Version 2.20 Game Engine 3.0 thats ok, no problem there.

But then, i install PATCH 3.11 over

2.20 Engine 3.0

The main menu will then read 3.11 Engine 3.0 HOWEVER, this particular setup will have warped (jumbled) text in the game

:(

Can someone point me to version 3.10 or would that be non-existent at this stage ? maybe i try a chronological installation.