Check LOS from destination area.

Zenomorph

Yep. Just select the endpoint of the movement path. Then use the TARGET order and you will get a target line from this point. If you don't want to use the TARGET order, just cancel it.

This doesn't give you an *exact* reading of LOS/LOF from the endpoint. It's an estimate based on typical stance and deployment for that unit. IME what it shows tends to be conservative. That is, the unit can often see a bit more than what the TARGET line shows, but usually not less. Regardless, it will give you a pretty good idea of what it will and won't be able to shoot at.

Yep. Just select the endpoint of the movement path. Then use the TARGET order and you will get a target line from this point. If you don't want to use the TARGET order, just cancel it.

This doesn't give you an *exact* reading of LOS/LOF from the endpoint. It's an estimate based on typical stance and deployment for that unit. IME what it shows tends to be conservative. That is, the unit can often see a bit more than what the TARGET line shows, but usually not less. Regardless, it will give you a pretty good idea of what it will and won't be able to shoot at.

Remember that the Target Line will still originate from the unit, not the waypoint you have selected. The information it gives IS as if it started from the waypoint.

That tends to confuse people.

Wasn't that changed in RT? Damn, I thought it was. Haven't bought the game yet.

Sadly not!

One of the things that continues to bug me ... mostly on the basis that, given that the calculations ARE being done from the relevant waypoint and not from the unit location (as evidenced by, inter alia, the range value, as pointed out above), I cannot get my head around how it would not be easier to draw the line from the point at which the calculations are being made (the waypoint) rather from where they are NOT being made (the unit).

Can the line drawing routine not just have the waypoint / calculation origin used as its start point? I guess not, otherwise it would have been done by now! :D

Unless it is deliberate, to avoid giving away too precise information from a yet to be reached location????