Is Ammo Leveling ever Coming?

Because Im playing a scenario (h2h) where I really need it.I have very little armor against many Russian tanks,Im not crying about that, what I am crying about is Im doing a pretty decent job holding them off, but my one tank is out of ap, the other one not to far away has about 16 ap rounds, his gun is damaged and cant use them.I would like to park these 2 near each other in the woods and empty his ap into my other tank, or at at least level them, giving me 8 rounds, but if your going to have ammo leveling?, you may as well be able to dump all of the good he and ap rounds from the damaged tank, of couse this would be a long process I realize, maybe 20 min or longer.

Not to mention the scenario length is 2 hours,lots of Russian armor,very little German tanks, with low ap,no ability to transfer ammo amounts equals almost an impossible job.

Is ammo leveling coming as advertised?

Infantry ammo sharing is realistic and in the game now, of course. I'm not sure if ammo sharing of ordnance by vehicles is realistic. IRL, they'd probably withdraw when ammo ran low or the gun was damaged. If ordnance ammo sharing was to be added, I'd think it would take like 5-20 minutes of being parked beside each other with the crews bailed out in those action squares and no incoming fire of any kind.

Of course, if you have ATGs and the ammo bearers still have rounds, you can shift them to another ATG in need. That's saved my backside before.

Of course, if you have ATGs and the ammo bearers still have rounds, you can shift them to another ATG in need. That's saved my backside before.

I'd only expect that to work for ATGs in the same platoon/section (whatever tier highlights when you select the ammo bearer). Are you saying that ATG ammo bearers are an exception to the "same org unit" limitations on ammo sharing?

3. Vehicle Ammo Leveling. This is a common frontline technique of evening out ammo supply between vehicles in order to keep as many vehicles in the fight as possible. Sometimes an entire platoon was withdrawn and leveled with another, other times it was just vehicles within the same platoon after one or two wound up firing off a lot of ammo. Like real life, however, this is kinda tricky to pull off under combat conditions. Vehicles must be parked VERY close to each other and left unbuttoned for quite a few minutes before leveling can take place. In other words, vehicles performing leveling are sitting ducks. For short games this probably isn't a very useful feature, but for you guys playing longer scenarios it's bound to be quite handy.

This is from the "Christmas bone" thread. If it has been left out, I must have missed the announcement (?)

This is from the "Christmas bone" thread. If it has been left out, I must have missed the announcement (?)

Well, I learned something today! As long as the conditions are realistic, as they appear to be as Steve outlined them in the quote...whoot!

Lookin' forward to the feature if/when it comes into the game.

I'd only expect that to work for ATGs in the same platoon/section (whatever tier highlights when you select the ammo bearer). Are you saying that ATG ammo bearers are an exception to the "same org unit" limitations on ammo sharing?

Dunno. I think they were in the same platoon. It was in TRTM campaign under post 3.0 upgrade CMBN. Battle 5(?) where you've got two ATGs with low ammo and a small amount of infantry on defense.

One ATG got all the action and ran out of AP with one enemy tank left out of LOS, ready to advance at any moment. I realized the other bearer on my safe flank could break away with a few rounds, so I ran him across the map and got to the hot zone ATG one turn before the enemy tank decided to advance.

BOOM! Got him right in the throat with lots of fireworks.

One of the best moments I've had in CM.