Engineer HQ - Artillery

IIRC FO's and HQ's can always call arty even with no radio or C2 link. It's an abstraction to aid playability.

This. Assume a field telephone or something like. Note that it's specifically the Leader individual who has artillery calling rights. If there's an "Executive Officer" in the same team, they might inherit those privileges, I'm not sure if they do, or if it's universal. This applies to any team with arty call privileges, whether HQ or FO.

This. Assume a field telephone or something like. Note that it's specifically the Leader individual who has artillery calling rights. If there's an "Executive Officer" in the same team, they might inherit those privileges, I'm not sure if they do, or if it's universal. This applies to any team with arty call privileges, whether HQ or FO.

Thanks - wasn't sure how that was happening

Runners are "assumed" in the C2 model (for info spread, I guess, to out-of-comms elements), but aren't really a plausible abstraction for any form of support call, any more than pigeons would be :)

Delay time was no different then any other command unit except where coherent units were concerned.

When not coherent there is a added delay of 1min. Dusty Roads v2 Scenario - Allied Engineer HQ Unit (no radio - binoculars - no C2)

I always wondered if a combat game was ever gonna pick up on the use of field telephones.

In Germany there was a Tower Operator (for the targets) on a gunnery range who was in the Wehrmacht as a young teen.

He said when he got to his unit in France (after being rushed through training) The senior nco had several of them saddled up with wire reels and told them he wanted them over there. He said we all took off like a bat out of hell to try and please the new senior. When they got to "there", he changed his mind and picked a new spot. He did this a few times.

When finished he picked the "winners" and told them they were now the new "Drahtmaultiere" (wire mules) who would ensure the commands to which they were assigned had good phone connections.

"I am a lineman for the county..."

Wichita Lineman

Mech.Gato

Ok I think I asked the question too soon - seems that the spotter is not really spotting.

The artillery is not delivering the bombardment. The time is not being displayed and no time delay is either.

Both the spotter and the mortar crew is stuck at delivery.

The arty was delivered just didnt see any rounds land or hear them.

Know they were fired cause supply was depleted.

Just checking in to see if your question is resolved.

Had that happen to me in a large map, real time QB, where a flanking unit was going in as soon as the mortar fire hit and was lifted. Was busy on the other side of the map and started to wonder why I didn't hear the mortar fire.

Checked the area out and found that the barrage had come and went and the assault force was just twiddling their thumbs waiting for the go word.:eek:

Blind in one eye and can't see outta the other

Mech.Gato