New file at the Repository: Last Sunrise over Antonov (2014-08-17)

Thanks for checking out my first scenario attempt. I hope it proves enjoyable. I wanted to give the player a sense of drama and suspense especially from the German side. The scenario is a bit slow to unfold, taking a few turns before the action begins but hopefully that will add to the suspense. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated (be gentle plz lol) :D

I did enjoy it and yes you do get a feel for how desperate it must have been for the Germans. A little disappointed that the defender did not really get to position any of his forces, but it did play out well. I play new scenarios as soon as they are posted so I really appreciate those of you who take the time to develop them. Thanks!

Played this one last nite here's how it went.

Spoiler

The heavy caliber neblewerfer is like an atomic bomb. The destruction unleashed by this was worth seeing....impressive. I'm curious how many AI plans you have for this. The plan for my play through had all 50 red AFVs hit the German left and center. There's a clump of trees where they form up for the attack on the center. They seriously stage there for 10 minutes. I couldn't resist and put a nebel strike right in the middle, my god that one strike eliminated 50 percent of the red armor. The rest of the red force went charging forward and was able to get pretty close due to the restricted line of sight. They took out the 2 tigers and a stug which caused some concern, but the king tiger was an unstoppable beast. It shrugged off some 20 hits and killed 11 tanks plus 30 infantry. The another 10 tanks were killed by the Shreks and ATGs. This all happened by minute 30 of the scenario, and once the AI was down to 3 operable tanks they surrendered. I was surprised they threw in the towel, but when I looked at the map in the aar it revealed the total carnage of the Werfer strike.

Fun play through inspite of the early surrender, repelling that AI charge was an intense 20 minutes of gameplay.

Glad you enjoyed it Tdogg. Yea the Nebelwerfers are the equalizer if used at the right moment. On one of my test runs I caught the armor staging and though not as effective as your strike it did give me a win. However in another play through test I misjudged the strike and the soviets started their attack before the barrage hit. Needless to say the rolled over me pretty good. Thanks for the comments.

I put one strike at the start to catch them at set up because I saw the 7 minute wait time and limited line of site. I thought this might be the only chance to use the werfer. I think maybe the shock of the initial barrage might have disrupted the opening assault, so they we regrouping the infantry that was panicked. That made them a target again for the werfer.

I don't think you should change to much because you may break the concept of the scenario.

Some suggestions might be to add more AI plans for variation, and set them up in a spread out positions to help against player first turn arty strike.

You could try adding another wave of reinforcements, but that might not solve the early surrender if they surrender before the 2nd wave arrives.