Does 3.0 Improve game play?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, let's try not to mock the poor. It gives our country a bad reputation.

No one is mocking the poor in this thread. How many truly poor people can afford a PC capable of playing CMBN....or afford to purchase CMBN at all, for that matter?

The only people being mocked are the whiners who buy the CM2 games then cry about the $10 upgrades.

I work with people (medical doctors) who make more money in a month than my wife and I do all year, and even they would be considered "financially disadvantaged" by the "one percenters".

You won't catch me on any Porsche forums complaining that I can't afford oil changes at the dealership. Guess what? I don't buy outside my budget.

If anyone on this forum can convince me that $10 is a somehow a financial burden to them, I will consider sending you a $10 PayPal donation so you can upgrade to 3.0.

... You might now see terrain burning and smoldering a bit after a particularly heavy bombardment. That's new.

Just have seen that in effect. Two tiny fires in dry grassy patches. No HE bombardement, beside a couple of rifle grenades hitting a house further back. They were maybe even caused by small arms tracer rounds hitting the ground or ricochetting from the house. Can´t tell, but I was positively surprised to see that as part of V3.0 feats. :)

And I dislike this feature because it makes the screen look cluttered and the Casualty icons look too similar to the lightly wounded icons. This needs a toggle, and yes I'm going to keep bringing it up ad infinitum.

But, as to the OP's question, yes, the 3.0 upgrades do add to gameplay. The AI triggers alone are probably worth it for those who like to play scenarios against the AI.

Upgrades are a no brainer for me, simply because 99% of my PBEM opponents always purchase them, so if I want to continue to play PBEMs, I need to also purchase them.

Would anyone who has upgraded be prepared to upload a screenshot of this new display? Thanks in advance.

Just have seen that in effect. Two tiny fires in dry grassy patches. No HE bombardement, beside a couple of rifle grenades hitting a house further back. They were maybe even caused by small arms tracer rounds hitting the ground or ricochetting from the house. Can´t tell, but I was positively surprised to see that as part of V3.0 feats. :)

Yeah, it's very cool. I have seen it happen with .30 cal ricocheting off vehicles. It's definitely a code precursor to spreading fires. I was doing a test a while back and a T70 had been hit and sat smoking for maybe a turn and a half (definitely a full turn). I watched it smoking and was like, is this a bug?...and 2 seconds before the turn ended it burst into flame. Full on flames are gonna rock if they put that much thought into them.

Mord.

The problem I noticed is that normal rifle (I suppose guns didn't have tracers ?) can cause fire too. My understanding is it is not supposed to.

Unfortunately I didn´t catch the moment, when the tiny fires started. It was 1-2 turns later, when I noticed something "unusual" on the map. However, the 2 fires where generally at spots, where I noticed whole SMG/MG bursts hitting the ground at very short ranges (<30-40m), cause the targeted units where just behind/below a small crest. It must´ve been the transition between targetable, but not hittable. So assuming there´s a tiny chance (with tracers?) of igniting dry grassy terrain, the chance was maybe dramatically increased by hitting just few square inches of ground with whole magazine/belt loads, in shortest of time. Don´t think, this could be a problem in the game, since it´s rather a rare case.

Great. Hister thank you.

Here is a better example, Bruce.

CMNormandy2014-08-2416-41-35-58.jpg

This is just one squad. Now imagine this multiplied by 100 for a Huge battle. Don't know about you, but I really don't want to see those "Casualty" markers. It's just screen clutter. I know some want it, so a toggle to turn it on or off should be provided, IMO.