Buying Nvidia graphic card need help

650 ti is better option than gt 630 that I think is not expensive though

But if I can learn the money that you afford to pay, I can help you much

thx for advice, but i dont need powerful graphic cards, i just play EU 4 , hoi3/4, combat mission games. i just dont want to get something really bad so it can't run Combat mission.

in store across my house gt 630 2gb ddr3 cost around 90 dolars, i kinda think its too much

We're working on the shadow issues. If that's all that would make you switch, maybe hold off until we get it sorted out? If you still aren't happy with how the shadows look after that, then...

We're working on the shadow issues. If that's all that would make you switch, maybe hold off until we get it sorted out? If you still aren't happy with how the shadows look after that, then...

in some of the threads there is a link to shader hotfix from CMFI, it fixes almost entirely buildings/bocage flickering shaders/shadows, with that in my Z folder game looks good now. actualy tree/bush shadows are not perfect but they are good in 80% cases.

sometimes they can look very bad tho

I have an older Dell Mid-Tower Optiplex 755 Core2 Quad @3.0 Ghz, and Thinking of swithching out my AMD 7750 1GB DDR5 PCI-Express 16 for a similar Nvidia.

What Nvidia is similar to my above AMD in performance that's also PCI-Express 16 that will fit in my case ?

Any info would be appreciated.

Joe

I have an older Dell Mid-Tower Optiplex 755 Core2 Quad @3.0 Ghz, and Thinking of swithching out my AMD 7550 1GB DDR5 PCI-Express 16 for a similar Nvidia.

What Nvidia is similar to my above AMD in performance that's also PCI-Express 16 that will fit in my case ?

Any info would be appreciated.

Joe

gtx 650 ti , now there are different variations, some are 100 dollars (new) some are even up to 140,150 dollars.

i wanted to take 650 ti 2gb ddr5 but i was in a hurry and didnt wana wait for it and also dont need powerfull gpu cos i play CM-Ish type of games.

not new graphic cards should be at least 30-40% cheaper, so for 70 dollars i guess you can get it , even 50 if you are lucky.

avoid GT models if you can tho (go for GTX 650 and above)

(togi also said that you can read in the comment beyond)

thats what i learned from the last 7 days when i was searching for GPUS and stuff,info might not be 100% correct but its very close i think

edit: get gDDR5 memory instead of gDDR3 if you can, but for CMBN i didnt notice any diference to be honest . GT 6302gb gddr3 runs CMBN better than my Ex AMD 77501gb gddr5 (ddr5 is faster than ddr3) more powerfull card

not yet, still trying to isolate the issue, most likely suspect seems to be a conflict between CM and AMDs open gl drivers.

rolling back from 14.4 to 13.12 helps a bit.

Hello Sgt Joch

Thanks for the infos

I 'm loading " cw mormons" scenario with my 7870xt and fx8320 , all the best , 4 min 23 secs (no mods in Z folder)

can you say your loading times?