Syria or Iraq vs ISIS Campaign?

Martin Dempsey at the Aspen Security Conference recently said someone was working on a scenario ... outside the game;)

Don't have the game files with me in country now but will check when I get back. I think there are some older CMSF user mad scenarios that might come close.

Zawiya Uprising campaign would be a good base to start from. You have a mixture of conventional and irregular forces fighting a similar enemy.

(Actually, I think the more interesting campaign take would be to play ISIS forces fighting the Iraq forces and any others that try to intervene, like the Kurds, Iran etc.)

Hi all,

Having watched one too many ISIS propaganda videos I now have a great desire play a CM:SF campaign in which I command a Syrian or Iraqi military unit tasked with eradicating these nut jobs, so has anyone made such a campaign yet?

I made a couple of scenarios based on historical battles that took place in Syria recently. In most of them the player commands opposition forces (although playing as Syrian Armed Forces is possible in H2H), but in the one below a Syrian Army mechanized force is tasked with retaking some farms and a mountain pass captured by the insurgents (FSA + Jabhat Al-Nusra + Mujahideen):

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=2795

If you arent only interested paticularily in scenarios with the Syrian Civil War as background, try the Zawiya campaign by Mr.X. Although it is set in Libya i highly recommend it if you are into middle eastern goverment forces vs. insurgents battles.

Actually, I think the more interesting campaign take would be to play ISIS forces fighting the Iraq forces and any others that try to intervene, like the Kurds, Iran etc.

It is more challenging to fight MBTs and helicopters with AKs and RPGs than the other way round IMO.

Thanks for your replies. I will check out those links.

As regards an ISIS PoV campaign I have no interest in that as I basically hate those ISIS scumbags now after having watched footage of some of their recent massacres on LiveLeak. it's shocking to think what must be going on in areas of Syria and Iraq under their control right at this very moment whilst a war-weary world turns a blind eye. Sooner or later ISIS will have to be wiped out - it's just a matter of when and by whom. If they are allowed to thrive then their twisted ideology will only spread - I see already their hated black banner has been raised in Kashmir.

I know it may seem odd to want to fight them in a game but in the absence of any real life effort to rid the world of this evil it will be cathartic for me to waste some of them in pixel form!

Thanks again.