Motorised transport will not be manned if immobilized

I was playing a scenario recently and had a Opel driving up to the front to deliver ammunition to a depleted unit. On they way it became immobilized and the driver dismounted. I then attempted to have the ammunition depleted platoon hoof it to the vehicle and grab the ammo (walking a mile for ammo is better than no ammo). Unfortunately I could not get anyone to stay in the vehicle. As soon as the troops mounted the vehicle they would immediately dismount.

I am assuming this has something to do with the unarmed nature of the vehicle so the tacai just counts it as destroyed. However, it would be great if men would stay in the vehicle when ordered or an ammunition dump was placed next to the vehicle when it was immobilized.

Currently I'm out three to fourth thousand rounds of MG ammunition and 1,000 rounds of 9mm, and a relatively full strength platoon is as useful to me as a bunch of dead bodies.

In order to use Acquire, the infantry unit has to enter the vehicle first. A pop-up window lists all available equipment that the unit is eligible to choose from. Clicking on an entry removes the equipment or ammo from the list and places it into the inventory of the passenger unit.

Note: while soldiers automatically can share ammo without explicitly being ordered to (from nearby vehicles, or from nearby infantry units in their formation, as well as through buddy aid), the Acquire command gives you greater direct control.

Note: Units adjacent to an Ammo Dump can also use the Acquire command to obtain ammunition from the Ammo Dump.

Restrictions - only active when the infantry unit is inside a valid pickup area, such

as inside a halftrack or truck, or adjacent to an ammo dump.

From the manual, page 55. So if you can acquire by being next to an ammo dump, same should apply to being next to a truck, rather than in it. Seems like a relatively easy tweak...

For the truck, all the material is inside. For the ammo dump someone has already tossed it out for you. Union rules say it takes 60 seconds to remove boxes from a truck. Sorry but rules are rules. Unless of course you are thinking to unload stuff for the black market. In that case sure just go ahead and "acquire" from next to the vehicle. :D

For the truck, all the material is inside. For the ammo dump someone has already tossed it out for you. Union rules say it takes 60 seconds to remove boxes from a truck. Sorry but rules are rules. Unless of course you are thinking to unload stuff for the black market. In that case sure just go ahead and "acquire" from next to the vehicle. :D

Yeap, it takes 60 secs to unload each box, and another 5 minutes to open and distribute...Oh, game is already over.

I think the 'Acquire' feature should only be used at the beginning of Scenario ( setup ).

Joe

Union rules say it takes 60 seconds to remove boxes from a truck. Sorry but rules are rules. Unless of course you are thinking to unload stuff for the black market.

Unions have been abolished by the order of [insert dictator's name here]. Unless of course comrade, mein Herr, you are instigating a defeatist attitude amongst our troops?