Analysis of RT senario loading times

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll post something in Tech Support. Future drivers may change this.

By the way, Tanks a Lot, I'm a huge fan of your semi-transparent tree mod. I think BF should make it standard-issue for CMx2 - have the option to cycle between no trees, just the trunks, semi-transparent (preferably user adjustable), and full foliage.

I'll post something in Tech Support. Future drivers may change this.

By the way, Tanks a Lot, I'm a huge fan of your semi-transparent tree mod. I think BF should make it standard-issue for CMx2 - have the option to cycle between no trees, just the trunks, semi-transparent (preferably user adjustable), and full foliage.

Thanks Hpt. Lisse. Juju made a more comprehensive semi-transparent tree mod with more options, you might want to check it out.

The issue seems to be with the "3d texture" setting.

with my PBEM file of "Studienka", the game loads in about 80 seconds with Balanced/Balanced or Best 3d models/Balanced textures, but takes over 4 minutes at Best/Best.

The only workaround for the time being is to play at Balanced/Balanced or Best/Balanced. If you have a high end system, the visual quality hit is small.

You could actually set the 3D model quality (before entering the game) as Fastest, then, during the game toggle through the model quality settings using the { } keys. Granted, you will have to redo this every time you leave the game but it may save you some time during loading.

Mord.

You could actually set the 3D model quality (before entering the game) as Fastest, then, during the game toggle through the model quality settings using the { } keys. Granted, you will have to redo this every time you leave the game but it may save you some time during loading.

Mord.

Unfortunately 3D model quality doesn't seem to effect loading times at all. Sgt Joch is right, the texture quality setting has a pretty big effect. I need the highest quality setting when working on mods, and I need to load the game many, many times.