Quick Battle Map computer always picks the same map

I like to play the same style of maps in a quick battle (Open Meeting Engagement). It seems like the computer always picks the same map when I let it pick.

Anyone else seen this? I have resorted to picking my own maps as a work around.

Bobo

you may want to look in the QB folder. Depending on what variables you select, there may be only one map that matches. That will change as more QB maps are released with each module etc, but the first release only has so much content.

Check out the folder and you'll have a better idea what options are available so you can possibly alter your selection criteria. See if that helps, if not there could be an issue, but my first suspicion is simply the amount of content and options selected.

There is more than one "Open Meeting Engagement" map. If you are canceling the QB game and starting another you may want to close CMRT first and restart fresh. I sometimes think the random map generator gets stuck when I don't do this. But then again it may be my imagination...

you may want to look in the QB folder. Depending on what variables you select, there may be only one map that matches. That will change as more QB maps are released with each module etc, but the first release only has so much content.

Check out the folder and you'll have a better idea what options are available so you can possibly alter your selection criteria. See if that helps, if not there could be an issue, but my first suspicion is simply the amount of content and options selected.

That was my first thought but nope there are more than one of the map type I chose.

Thanks,

Bob

There is more than one "Open Meeting Engagement" map. If you are canceling the QB game and starting another you may want to close CMRT first and restart fresh. I sometimes think the random map generator gets stuck when I don't do this. But then again it may be my imagination...

Tried that too. No joy.

Bobo

try changing the region to Eastern Europe. I did that and got a different map after seeing the same one 4x with open, medium, meeting engagement left to Russia. However I got the Eastern Europe map twice. I left it at medium size not random. I'll give that shot and see if there is more variation. I'll check the other open meeting engagement maps to see if there is something that limits when they will show.

Changing size to random gave me other maps, but I think the selection is still small.

When you are in the set up screen what parameters do you select, what do leave as defaulted and what do the default to?

try changing the region to Eastern Europe. I did that and got a different map after seeing the same one 4x with open, medium, meeting engagement left to Russia. However I got the Eastern Europe map twice. I left it at medium size not random. I'll give that shot and see if there is more variation. I'll check the other open meeting engagement maps to see if there is something that limits when they will show.

Changing size to random gave me other maps, but I think the selection is still small.

When you are in the set up screen what parameters do you select, what do leave as defaulted and what do the default to?

I typically leave it default and I have seen this same thing in CMBN and CMFI as well. I have changed parameters with little effect. I wonder if the code collects all the maps that meet the parameters (Say Small-Open-Meeting) and then only picks the first one on that list or that list only contains one map due to the map collection code not working well with the map naming convention. A quick survey through the RT quick battle map names shows there is only 1 Small Open Meeting map by name : Open Rough Meet 036. That is the map I keep getting when I ask for Small-Open-Meeting so maybe there is something with the number of maps available with my battle parameters.

A quick survey of the CMFI quick battle map directory shows again 1 map for Small Open Meeting... I think that must be the problem. Only a short list of maps for Size Terrain Engagement type. 40 maps for Meeting Engagement in CMFI. Reduce that number for terrain and size and it makes sense that I am seeing the same maps.

OK. Now that I think I understand it I can move on or make some more Quick Battle maps for my needs...

Bobo