Soldiers shoulder-firing PTRD in CMRT..

bisu

I’m sure we will see more animations make it in the game as new families are released, but I also think that it’s a lot of work and probably work that Charles has do to (doing that he can’t do something else - resource prioritization).

Even with new animations incorporated into the game there are still a million animations that could be created to make the game even more real. It’s never going to be complete or perfect (just look at the Total War series and their army of animation creators, they have come a long way but far from perfect with unlimited resources in comparison to BF). I don’t think we will ever see bipod rested against a stone wall, or like the image above, on a fellow soldiers shoulder.

I think it’s great that we got several different death poses but it’s not something that changes the game as AA able to fire at aircraft (just to mention one example).

CM will get prettier and have more animations as we go along but in the end it’s a tactical combat simulation/game with its priorities elsewhere. As it should be IMO.

I'm still waiting for troops to stop that ridiculous ice-skating movement across the terrain

LOL yeah I hate that one. However from what I understand that is not a CM issue per se. That is a matter of the animation display catching up with the positioning of an individual unit - I got some geeky response about how graphics work etc :D Something about how the image is adjusting the location of the item, but the movement graphic is no longer applicable as it isn't actually displaying "movement".

I have seen it in other games so I think that is likely accurate.

Part of the issue is that this isn't *just* an animations issue. It is also an AI issue. A very complex one that probably won't be solved.

So is the AI smart enough to know that it can't hit the target where it is laying, but if it rested the PTRD on the tree 2M to the left it could. Is the AI smart enough to have their buddy act as a firing platform. Is the AI smart enough to use that parked Halftrack as a rest for the weapon.

Off-topic but are there Bren Carriers in the game?

LOL yeah I hate that one. However from what I understand that is not a CM issue per se. That is a matter of the animation display catching up with the positioning of an individual unit - I got some geeky response about how graphics work etc :D Something about how the image is adjusting the location of the item, but the movement graphic is no longer applicable as it isn't actually displaying "movement".

I have seen it in other games so I think that is likely accurate.

Careful, sburke, you're getting kind of logical there!

Part of the issue is that this isn't *just* an animations issue. It is also an AI issue. A very complex one that probably won't be solved.

So is the AI smart enough to know that it can't hit the target where it is laying, but if it rested the PTRD on the tree 2M to the left it could. Is the AI smart enough to have their buddy act as a firing platform. Is the AI smart enough to use that parked Halftrack as a rest for the weapon.

Still, that comes down to players being smart about where the position their troops. It's amusing how this sort of stuff is part and parcel of games like Red Orchestra, but somehow CMx2 is seen as a special case.