Using light skinned vehicles as bait

I have played a few campaign battles and noticed that empty Russian trucks are out in the open. My panzers were on "hunt" and shot up the truck nearby. Before the crew had time to congratulate themselves on their kills, they got shot up from multiple T34s from afar. Have any one of you fallen on the same ruse? Is it meant to be a trap set by the designers?:eek:

Not necessarily a deliberate ruse, but dealing with battlefield 'clutter' is a factor in battle. You can prevent this problem by doing better recon, and/or by using broad 'target armor arcs' for your advancing panzers. The trucks generally simulate Russian supply elements unable to pull out in time to avoid the swift German advance. You are chasing a fleeing foe who occasionally turns to fight back. Do your best!:cool:

It's not RT, but I'm defending against a beefed-up AI assault, and it's leading with the empty half tracks. My first couple of layers of ATGs have hardly shot at any actual fighting armour, and they're out of ammo. Dozens of burning Hanomags clog up a few choke points though...

when you said light skinned vehicles I was thinking of something else. I had a request from a "finger quote" client "finger quote" for neon pink and orange skins for H2H play. He believed it gave him an "finger quote" edge "finger quote" in multiplayer battle.

It just might. The jarring visual image would probably totally disrupt my mindset while playing. Might even make me physically ill.