RTS control scheme - lacking slow movements?

I really like the RTS control scheme (quicker and very nice to zoom in with the scroll wheel) but how can slow movements be accomplished?

Since in this scheme the right mouse button has no functionality except popping up the order-menu, if the curser is above a unit, to me this seems a waste of precious functionality.

The standard CM-mode allows very slow and fine camera movements. Which is great. I think it would be handy to have this mode in RTS-mode available: activated with the right mouse button. And only if the cursor is above a unit, then the order menu pops up.

You know... am not even sure how to activate the RTS controls lol. Still doing things the old-fashioned way. Can't figure out my smart phone either. It's age... :(

(And I used to be in high tech, so don't laugh... it could well happen to you. Unless you employ an 8 year old as consultant.)