Quick battles now

No (since Normandy)...

Just checking: when you say "since Normandy", do you mean it stopped doing that in Normandy? Because that often isn't what I'm finding.

Yes (seems much better to me in CMRT)

That's good.

A supplementary question: does the AI still allocate its forces to the various (usually 2) AI groups available in its plan on an arbitrary (round robin?) basis by Formation (So if you have a Company of tanks, and a single FO, Group 1 (of 2) will have a Company of tanks, and Group 2 has the FO)? And if so, does the picker make any effort to, rather than picking a Company, pick 3 platoons from separate battalions so there's a chance of some infantry in each group? Would that help with AI performance (I'm playing a Huge QB vs the AI where I manually picked its forces for it, so it's got 3 PzGr Companies from different Battalions, one of which has the Heavy Company, and 3 platoons of StuG, with two short platoons each of PzIV and Panthers, and they, from a very rapid look (to avoid spoiling any surprises the AI might throw too much) it seems like the two "apparent" groups in the setup zone were both Combined Arms.

How it works in CMBN:

On Defense the AI has group 1 on or near objectives withe an ambush order and no further movement order. Group 2 Is Also set to ambush but has a variable-Timed movement order. If the Human player beats the the timed movement order (wins or Ceasefire, ect) The 2ndary groups remain in place.... CMRT triggers will help avoid some of this

Attacking AI should always move. The first group will move generally in the first minute. The 2ndary groups will move within 5 minutes or so... Always

[quote

supplementary question: does the AI still allocate its forces to the various (usually 2) AI groups available in its plan on an arbitrary (round robin?) basis by Formation (So if you have a Company of tanks, and a single FO, Group 1 (of 2) will have a Company of tanks, and Group 2 has the FO)? And if so, does the picker make any effort to, rather than picking a Company, pick 3 platoons from separate battalions so there's a chance of some infantry in each group? Would that help with AI performance (I'm playing a Huge QB vs the AI where I manually picked its forces for it, so it's got 3 PzGr Companies from different Battalions, one of which has the Heavy Company, and 3 platoons of StuG, with two short platoons each of PzIV and Panthers, and they, from a very rapid look (to avoid spoiling any surprises the AI might throw too much) it seems like the two "apparent" groups in the setup zone were both Combined Arms.

How it works in CMBN:

On Defense the AI has group 1 on or near objectives withe an ambush order and no further movement order. Group 2 Is Also set to ambush but has a variable-Timed movement order. If the Human player beats the the timed movement order (wins or Ceasefire, ect) The 2ndary groups remain in place.... CMRT triggers will help avoid some of this

Attacking AI should always move. The first group will move generally in the first minute. The 2ndary groups will move within 5 minutes or so... Always

Okay. That's how I thought it was supposed to work. Is there anything that can dislocate this? I've just fought a Huge battle where a large chunk of one group never left the start line. The fight was done in 30 minutes, but I churned through the turns to the hour mark, and very nearly all of a battalion of panzergrenadiers hadn't begun to move out of their setup zone. Checking the AI plan, all the orders were exit after/before of 0 and 60 minutes which should have meant that by T+1:00:00, the AI was trying to get onto the last VL, AIUI. This was in BN, v2.[latest patch]. Most of the PzGr seemed to be mounted; the first order after setup said "passengers dismount", and only the troops who started dismounted actually moved (I conclude from the fact that there weren't enough (any) empty Hanomags to accommodate the number of Landsers I'd mown down in the first field).

Question if you change QB map from Allied to Axis (AI) attack and give the AI and objective across the map, will the AI move its units to obtain the objective. Sometimes the AI will sit the entire time in place. What am I missing. Maybe I should go back to making AI plans.

Changing the QB Map in the editor? I think you mean changing the attacker and defender in the QB game setup screen. If that's the case then you should know the game automatically conforms to the players commands. If you have a problem with any Map in CMRT please supply the name of the map I will check it out.

Doesn't sound like CMBN QB Map setting... Don't think I ever set an 0-60 minute order and did not use the dismount order. Name of the map please and I will take a look...mistakes do happen

Trust me to find the exception... :)

It's QB-131 "Asslt Large Rough (bocage-water-damage) QB-131" the reverse direction University of Hard Knocks map. I may also be misinterpreting the Plan (it chose Plan 2, AFAICT). Thanks for the feedback. I also have saves of the game if they'd be any help.

Trust me to find the exception... :)

It's QB-131 "Asslt Large Rough (bocage-water-damage) QB-131" the reverse direction University of Hard Knocks map. I may also be misinterpreting the Plan (it chose Plan 2, AFAICT). Thanks for the feedback. I also have saves of the game if they'd be any help.

I'll check it out and report back...may be a day or two... just loading up a new PC and reformatting CMBN is taking some doing.

Yes. I pared down Radzymin Master changed the attacker and deploy zones and twice the AI would not move from their deployment.

The Radzymin Master Map is not a QB Map but a "clean map" that players can make there own scen or QB Maps. You will need to create the set up areas, AI plans, and victory locations in order to make a viable QB Map.