Which browser & download manager works best ?

Hi Guys

As the title says. I have been having problems downloading BFC products since they moved to their new hosting partner.

Just for the record, I am on my 5th attempt to download RT, my connection is stable and never have problems downloading files of similar or even bigger size.

So for those that have downloaded RT, which browser and download manager are you using?

Hi daisy,

on the Mac, just use plain Safari. I've found that to be the most reliable. On the PC, I just use the regular Firefox browser without plugins, and never had any issues.

The recommendation to use download managers is actually more of a legacy thing for older game downloads. We will remove that recommendation entirely in the near future, as simple browser downloads work best.

For the record, our new partner is hosting the downloads on a major Amazon cloud backbone. There are the occasional glitches associated with that, but overall it's very stable, and most problems I've seen so far were related to the client side (e.g. Norton 360 blocking download, connectivity issues downstream, and so forth).

Hi Guys

As the title says. I have been having problems downloading BFC products since they moved to their new hosting partner.

Just for the record, I am on my 5th attempt to download RT, my connection is stable and never have problems downloading files of similar or even bigger size.

So for those that have downloaded RT, which browser and download manager are you using?

Try to download it from me:

[url removed]

I hope this is still ok with Battlefront :)(If it not, poke me with a stick and I'll remove it as soon as possible)

File: 01_CM_RedThunder_Setup.exe

CRC-32: 79523c83

MD4: 1c3f9a567e108bcfd65d8c131d7d91af

MD5: 129e9acfeb9537fc77f1886e6573def3

SHA-1: 80418b021fe29f791f18f2b09df73a54d746ba39

Hi Moon

I am on Windows 8 and have tried with Firefox and Chrome, each time it bombs out.

Again trying with Firefox.

As I said, the problem is most likely on the client side, judging from past experience with support so far. Keep in mind that these are pretty downloads, so without a fast and reliable connection, all sorts of things can go wrong that are entirely unrelated to the host, and that we really can't do anything about.

I would suggest NOT using any download managers but going for straight browser downloads if you have a good connection. I saw some issues related to some Chrome download manager/plugin the other day.

I do not have any issues downloading any large files or games, save from the BFC hosting partner.

Having the abillity to continue with an aborted dowload would also be great because having to restart a download multiple times after it has downloaded hundreds of megs isnt ideal.

"Battlefront strongly recommends to use a download manager."

AARGH!

I had 4 GB mobile bandwidth left and must reach with it April 10th. The used downloadmanager DownThemAll (Firefox) corrupted the file. No recovery information stored in the RAR archive.

So i will have to use up all my remainung bandwidth only because of this wrong recommendation. Thanks.