Combat Mission Career Record System (For the data nerds)

Just uploaded to the Repository - awaiting approval.

This tool is designed as a tracker of all CMx2 World War 2 game results an individual player completes. Record your results into an easily sortable system to allow for analysis of your Combat Mission career. Check which opponents you fair well against, which forces you command better or just find out how many pixeltruppen you've led to their untimely deaths.

An automated MS Excel workbook designed to be easy to use with minimal input from the end user. Currently supports CMBN, CMFI and all modules. Can be updated easily when future CM titles are released. Read Me included with the download.

Some key features

- CMBN and CMFI support (inc all modules)

- Easy updating (by the author) to incorporate future Battlefront releases CMx2 WW2 era releases. All the end user (You!) have to do is cut and paste between documents.

- Supports both single player and multiplayer games and results in an all in one package – compare how you fair against the AI vs real life opponents.

- ‘The Calendar of Carnage’ – Track pixeltruppen casualties (both caused and suffered) on a timeline of World War 2.

- Will be able to display data going all the way back to 1939 if Battlefront ever goes that far back with their releases.

- Automated pretty graphs.

- Improve your game. Compare results and spot areas you need to improve in.

- Can be easily adapted for some operational level CM campaigns to track battle results.

Hope you enjoy. Any queries let us know below. :D

Promo1_zpsc87880ad.jpg

Promo2_zpsd9ddb03c.jpg

Promo3_zps7646aa51.jpg

Para - Only typing and selecting from some drop down menus. No maths required. No more than a minute once you get the hang of it. Most selections are drop down menu boxes where you simply select what's appropriate for that battle. A few cells like like the casualty section you simply type the numbers from the AAR screen at the end of each battle. Close the work book and reopen when you've finished entering the results for the workbook to auto-calculate and populate everything.

(Read me is included in the dload).

Para - Only typing and selecting from some drop down menus. No maths required. No more than a minute once you get the hang of it. Most selections are drop down menu boxes where you simply select what's appropriate for that battle. A few cells like like the casualty section you simply type the numbers from the AAR screen at the end of each battle. Close the work book and reopen when you've finished entering the results for the workbook to auto-calculate and populate everything.

(Read me is included in the dload).

I think even i could do that. Excellent, i shall get this later and thank you for your efforts in creating this :)

This looks very interesting. I remember your v1 attempt (I think it was you) and I am looking forward to trying this one out.

Now wouldn't it be nice if games automatically generated a report file with the numbers from the end screen (and more details too about each unit). That would be be a nice feature for BFC to add.

This looks very interesting. I remember your v1 attempt (I think it was you) and I am looking forward to trying this one out.

Yeah that was me and that was a quick and nasty version that sort of morphed out of some other work I did over at the FGM. Some other people indicated they wanted to take a look so I shared it around. This one took a little longer to design and build, but the payoff is that it's easier and quicker for the user use and can tell them a lot more about their game and CM gaming history across all titles, game forms and opponents.

As for tracking a drop off in social life, I think the official data analysis response is that would be too many variables to try and capture, record and work out the relationships for. Short answer - No. :D

And the file can be found here:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=113087

This one took a little longer to design and build, but the payoff is that it's easier and quicker for the user use and can tell them a lot more about their game and CM gaming history across all titles, game forms and opponents.

Excellent, I am going to give it a whirl. Sadly I have been less than judicious about saving screen shots of scenario ends. On the plus side I do have a archive of nearly ever PBEM turn I have ever played so I can reload final turns...

This is going to take a while. :D