Extracting scenario maps for use in QBs

I can't believe I've never tried to do this before, but, as the title of the thread states, how can I extract a map from a scenario for use in a Quick Battle?

Note that this will be for H2H play only, so I don't want to bother with giving the map any AI "plans" (or whatever they are called).

I tried taking a scenario .btt file and placing it in the Quick Battle Maps folder, but it doesn't show up on the selection screen when I'm asked to choose the map for the Quick Battle.

The game purposefully doesn't 'see' QB maps without AI plans. I recall before this was implemented a few QB maps managed to get through without AI plans, causing considerable consternation. If you want to reuse a map for H2H and don't care about AI plans then just do a minimal plan. One movement order should be enough for the game to recognize the map as a QB map.

I generally have access to all in game even maps in the conn family. The new master maps in mg module are there as well. Future games will use even and master map names

Very good to hear.

"The game purposefully doesn't 'see' QB maps without AI plans..."

I did not know that!

"Many (most?) of the scenario maps are also QB maps."

I did recognize this.