CMBN and CMFI will not run with MG or Gustav

I have CMBN and CMFI installed and running to 2.0 and 1.10 respectively but when I patch with MG or Gustav, respectively, neither game will open or run. I have checked all folders are correctly in place and my Mac Pro is configured correctly. I am running 10.7.5 and have 1 gig of video ram and 12 gig of memory.

I have had a ticket running for 2 months now but nobody can find the problem. I have searched the knowledge base and the forums but all to no avail.

If any of you genius' out there can help me I would be most grateful.

I have CMBN and CMFI installed and running to 2.0 and 1.10 respectively but when I patch with MG or Gustav, respectively, neither game will open or run. I have checked all folders are correctly in place and my Mac Pro is configured correctly. I am running 10.7.5 and have 1 gig of video ram and 12 gig of memory.

I have had a ticket running for 2 months now but nobody can find the problem. I have searched the knowledge base and the forums but all to no avail.

If any of you genius' out there can help me I would be most grateful.

If the guys on the help desk have been looking at this and cannot find anything then the rest of us don't stand much chance!

When you say neither game will open or run after patching, how are you trying to start them? From Launchpad? Via an alias? Right or double left clicking directly on the app icon? And what actually does happen, if anything? Any error messages?

And as Childress says, what, if any, anti-virus are you running?

I have no anti virus running. I have tried every which way to launch the game but the only thing that happens is the icon bounces in the dock briefly then disappears.

Sorry, I know this a "Duh!" question, but are you sure (!) that you have applied the right patches to the right games in the right order?

And, anything outside of the patched CM apps not working in the same way? Have you tried booting the machine in safe mode to see if that makes any difference?

Or, have you considered if it's a permissions issue? Installing the patches might somehow have affected the permissions to execute the files, and which user(s) may do so?

If you right click on the app and choose "Get info", the bottom of that info box shows which users have permission to run the app: after the patch, is that still the same as before it?

As I was downloading the patch I noticed right below it that there was also a patch for CMBN and I'm wondering the same thing if he didn't patch with the right patch's. I don't have CMBN so I read carefully both patches and which games they were for.......Sorry about the Mac comment I just couldn't resist....kinda goes with the territory if you own a MAC.

It's very likely a permissions issue. We should have gotten back to you with instructions on how to check that. If not, it's been very busy, and I apologize. What's your ticket number?

Just to add for reference that on my mac pro 10.7.5 (ATI Radeon HD 5770) the CMFI demo wouldn't work despite BFC best efforts, while the CMBN demo would.

So have to play CM on my lesser specced PC :-(

Sorry to hear that. Most Macs I've tested with (or for that matter heard feedback about) can run the game, even very old ones. There were pretty serious issues with recent 10.6-10.7 video card drivers, however, and a number of people have "fixed" things by upgrading to Mountain Lion or Mavericks. Would the game even start, or was it hung up before that? Do you recall what your ticket number was?

Phil just for clarity:- I have CMBN working fine at version 2.0 and CMFI at 1.01 it is another patch beyond that that is the problem (i.e. MG and Gustav). I have booted in safe mode; that didn't make any difference.

I have tried it on my other Macs with the same result. I have just tried the last two patches 2.12 and 1.12 but the result is the same. From what I can see the permissions are correct but I am not too sure how to check them properly.

Peter

I also report the same problem but it only is confined to CMBN. After patching to 2.12 the game dos not launch. I hit the icon to start the game and it just bounces and does nothing. I have reinstalled the patch and still get the same results. It worked fine before the patch. CMFI has also been patched to 1.12 and still launches. Permissions for both game are identical. I am running a MAC OS X 10.8.5 with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB.

Battlefront recommend I try the solution below. It fixed all of my problems:

> 1) Right-click on the CMBN application. Select "Show Package Contents".

> 2) In the window that pops up, right click on the Contents folder and select "Get Info".

> 3) In the Info window, click the lock in the lower right hand corner. Enter your password at the prompt. This should "open" the lock.

> (The permissions for Contents should look fairly normal.)

> 4) Click the gear button at the bottom of the Info window and select "Apply to enclosed items".

> 5) "Close" the lock. Close the Info window.

> 6) Try to run CMBN.

OP, I know nothing about Macs, but here is what I would try:

Uninstall both CMBN and CMFI, including deleting the game folders (or whatever they are called on a Mac).

Temporarily disable any antivirus software you have running. I know you said you didn't have any, but double check anyway.

I would redownload (in case something got corrupted) all the CMBN files and install them in the following order:

Install order:

(1) CMBN

(2) Commonwealth Module

(3) V 1.11 Patch

(4) CMBN 2.0 Upgrade

(5) Market Garden Module

(6) V 2.12 Patch

Don't try to run the game until you finish installing all of the above, and I *thnk* the only license key you will have to enter will be the MG key. Try to run the game.

Now do the same with CMFI, in this order:

(1) CMFI

(2) CMFI V 1.01 Patch

(3) Gustav Line Module

(4) CMFI V 1.12 Patch

Edit: I didn't read the entire thread before responding. I would try SpitfireXI's solution ^^^^^^ first.

Check Spitfire's recommendations. In terms of OS or hardware, I (with my great sample size of 1) haven't seen any issues with following the CM upgrade stream as the updates occurred.

In terms of OS, started out on Lion, through ML, then on to Mavericks.

As for PC or Mac, it a personal preference.

Built my own PCs since the 80286 days until about a year and a half ago. AMD and/or Intel.

Then switched to a Mac Mini for 6 months, then built a "Hackintosh" when the Mini couldn't run "School of Hard Knocks" well enough to suit me. Personally, I've had far far fewer issues with the Mac platform than Windows.

But YMMV, so I'm not saying which is better for you, just which works better for me.