[Graphical Blemish / Flaw] Tiger's Wheel Tires Missing

I'm sure that it has been discussed here in the forum already but I can't find the thread(s):

There is something annoying/disturbing with the incomplete appearance of several German big tanks - the Tiger, King Tiger and Elefant are missing their black wheel tires.

So I'm posting this (again) and hopefully the graphics of the tank's wheels will be "overhauled" with the next patch. :)

I'm sure that it has been discussed here in the forum already but I can't find the thread(s):

There is something annoying/disturbing with the incomplete appearance of several German big tanks - the Tiger, King Tiger and Elefant are missing their black wheel tires.

So I'm posting this (again) and hopefully the graphics of the tank's wheels will be "overhauled" with the next patch. :)

I haven't had a chance to look at the examples you mention, but could it be that these are late variants with all steel wheels, and hence no rubber tyres?

He clearly wrote "Black wheel tires", I dont believe its a language thing, although I could be wrong.

I think its a matter of the later versions of these panzers having all steel wheels as PhilM indicates.

Does anyone know if the game has only later variants of those vehicles?

Edit: I checked a scenario that has both Tigers and Elephants, circa 1944. The Tigers appear to have all steel wheels, the Elephants are harder to determine, they may be rubber-tired versions, but the part that would be rubber is a light color on my PC.

He clearly wrote "Black wheel tires", I dont believe its a language thing, although I could be wrong.

I think its a matter of the later versions of these panzers having all steel wheels as PhilM indicates.

Does anyone know if the game has only later variants of those vehicles?

Edit: I checked a scenario that has both Tigers and Elephants, circa 1944. The Tigers appear to have all steel wheels, the Elephants are harder to determine, they may be rubber-tired versions, but the part that would be rubber is a light color on my PC.

Just from memory, both the Ferdinand/Elefant and the Tiger II only ever had all-steel wheels for their respectively very different wheel and suspension arrangements, so no rubber tyres for either.

Early versions of the Tiger did have rubber-tyred wheels, and these are represented in the game in CMFI. Late versions of the Tiger (as with the Panther) moved to all-steel wheels, as a result of rubber shortages. So a late version Tiger may correctly have all-steel wheels, and IIRC they are also represented in the game in that condition, possibly late in CMFI and / or in CMBN.

• 3 months later...