Question about US airborne uniform files

Endymion

Hello,

I originally posted this question in general discussion but then thought this might be a better place.

I tried searching for proper uniform file names for US airborne but I seem to be unable to find them anywhere...I know the naming for army units, even for british paras, but US airborne evade me....

This means that I can't get any unform mods to work for this formation. Does anyone know how the files should be named exactly for uniform, boots etc?

Thank you in advance!

Endymion, the new ones for MG are found in the "normandy v210.brz" file in the "soldiers" folder; then in "uniforms" folder.

smod_american_m42-para_uniform [holland 82nd]

smod_american_m42-para_uniform [holland 101st]

smod_american_m42-para_uniform 2 [holland 82nd]

smod_american_m42-para_uniform 2 [holland 101st]

Thank you very much mjkerner.

Although after I exploded the file and looked at the uniforms I can swear these are not the ones I'm seeing in game...Perhaps it depends on theater etc. I'll try experimenting a bit.

Thanks again!

Yes, I believe you are correct--but you can go into the editor and make the selection for those scenarios where the new uniforms don't show (I think). The original uniforms are in Normandy 100A, IIRC.

smod_american_m42-para_uniform [holland 82nd]

smod_american_m42-para_uniform [holland 101st]

smod_american_m42-para_uniform 2 [holland 82nd]

smod_american_m42-para_uniform 2 [holland 101st]

I think think we may have the same problem, Endymion:

I have tried to mod these files for a couple of days now, but I seem to have encountered a problem (bug?):

No matter what I try, I can only get smod_american_m42-para_uniform 2 [holland 101st] to load in the game.

The other three files are impossible to see in the game - at least for me. Instead of the green uniforms in the files, the troops are wearing the old khaki-greenish uniforms.

Am I doing something wrong - can you guys load the other three files?

Scenario is set to september 30th 1944, Holland (but I´ve tried a variety of other combinations too). And I´ve removed all mods to be sure to avoid conflicts.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Yes Umlaut,

just delete what's in the brackets according to which formaction you want. If you want to have only 101st uniforms then delete [holland 101st] from both file names so that only smod_american_m42-para_uniform and smod_american_m42-para_uniform 2 are left.

Then you will have green 101st uniforms for US paras in any scenario or quick battle. I hope this helps :)

I think think we may have the same problem, Endymion:

I have tried to mod these files for a couple of days now, but I seem to have encountered a problem (bug?):

No matter what I try, I can only get smod_american_m42-para_uniform 2 [holland 101st] to load in the game.

The other three files are impossible to see in the game - at least for me. Instead of the green uniforms in the files, the troops are wearing the old khaki-greenish uniforms.

Am I doing something wrong - can you guys load the other three files?

Scenario is set to september 30th 1944, Holland (but I´ve tried a variety of other combinations too). And I´ve removed all mods to be sure to avoid conflicts.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Wait for the patch. There are some bugs with the airborne uniforms that are getting sorted out.