The role of those half-tracks with all the radio controls?

There is no separate benefit from any other radio-equipped vehicle, as radio range is largely out of scope and CM does not simulate the multiple radio nets that required HQ vehicles to have several radios. They are there more for historical flavor, but their lower personnel capacity makes them more suited to providing transport for HQs.

Correct. The command type vehicles have capabilities which are largely outside of CM's scope of warfare. However, many of these vehicles have limitations which their regular counterparts do not. Reduce crew sizes, reduced passenger capacity, reduced armaments, etc. are fairly common. Which means that if we used the "normal" vehicles instead of the command ones the player would have capabilities he shouldn't have.

Plus, more variety is always more fun :D

Steve

Hey Los! You know I'd want you on my team if we had CoOp :)

Squeaker, any command element or controller (artillery or air) can use vehicle radios to communicate. The delay times are based on how far down/up the chain of command that vehicle is. The specialized command HTs are assigned higher up so there's added benefit to being in one of those vs. a Squad's HT.

Steve

I did not know the place in the command chain effected arty delays. Makes sense.

I have used vehicles with radios to make sure that on board mortars were on the net and since tanks crews cannot swap vehicles if an tank HQ unit gets unhorsed they can use such a vehicle to get back in command of the rest of their tanks.