Does anyone want me to make a version 3.0 of my soundmod?

I was thinking about making a complete overhaul of my soundmod for the release of Market Garden.

Basically going through all the sounds I currently have stored away and seeing if I could improve upon the mod a bit more, maby switch a few sounds around.

Possibly add more if the mod includes new sounds.

So... Should I make a version 3.0 of my mod or should i leave it the way it is (and possibly just add new sounds if there are any in MG)?

If the sounds can be discernibly better, then that would be good.

My only caveat is that we now have SO many sound mods that sound different... some shots sound a bit more distant, other sound like they are a few feet away, some are more booming, others...

They all "sound good" so it's impossible for folks like me to know which is actually the best improved sound.

If the sounds can be discernibly better, then that would be good.

My only caveat is that we now have SO many sound mods that sound different... some shots sound a bit more distant, other sound like they are a few feet away, some are more booming, others...

They all "sound good" so it's impossible for folks like me to know which is actually the best improved sound.

I have tried the SFX mod by stephsen and whilst I liked some of the sounds, I still wasn't sold on it (just a matter of taste, i couldn't distinguish the weapons easily)

I have also tried the modestly named High Quality Sound mod, and whilst it certainly adds a **** ton of sounds to it I couldnt distinguish weapons easily either.

I still haven't tried Jorge MC's soundmod (but I will when i get home tonite).

But I would say that it depends on what you want from your soundmod.

If you want the complete chaos of war and massive ear-bursting sounds, go with the HQ sound mod.

If you want more movie like sounds, go with Jorge's mod since I see that he has taken alot of sounds from movies.

If you want to be able to easily identify weapons from their sounds, go with mine or the SFX one (maby Jorge's too, I don't know yet).

What I suggest is to pick your favourite scenario. Play until there is a turn with alot of action in it. Save in that turn.

Then download all the sound mods and try them all one at a time (don't forget to delete them afterwords since some sounds could stay from old mods if you just install one over another. And don't forget to read my suggestions on what sounds you should use in conjunction with my soundmod)

You could just say that is the most realistic;)

ps. already responded to your private message.

Honestly, not a single one of the soundmods out there (including mine) are very realistic.

The most realistic ones would probably be Battlefronts original sounds.

Guns dont sound as dramatic in real life as they do in the movies.

Its more of a pop-pop sound rather than the bang-bang one from the movies.

We're so used to movie war scenes that RL sounds don't sounds "realistic" or at least not exciting enuff. I read that most armor kills did not result in explosions or fire. just a dead tank with a hole in it so it was hard to tell if it was in fact dead. But, we love our fire and explosion FX. :)

We're so used to movie war scenes that RL sounds don't sounds "realistic" or at least not exciting enuff. I read that most armor kills did not result in explosions or fire. just a dead tank with a hole in it so it was hard to tell if it was in fact dead. But, we love our fire and explosion FX. :)

Yup, and sometimes it is hard to convince people otherwise...

Honestly, not a single one of the soundmods out there (including mine) are very realistic.

Unfortunately, the game does not take into account weather conditions, terrain, buildings, etc. - that's why we are far from complete realism

Nevertheless, I have seen a lot of movies from Iraq, Afghanistan and in terms of the intensity and variety of sounds, my mods are (modestly) closest to realism;)

ps.

when it comes to using the sounds of my mods, you can do so without restriction, thought about it, if you can do this thing sounds better, which will improve the feeling of players from the game - it's use without restrictions.

In real life guns may not sound as dramatic but they are f*****g loud when they are fired close by. That is the most significant sound characterstic of large calibre firearms IME and that is why many people probably prefer sound mods that bring across that ear drums shattering experience. IRL you can feel the shockwaves passing you when a large calibre weapon is fired near you.

Distant shots IRL however are not only less loud but also somehow "distorted" as a result of the soundwaves passing obstacles and the variation of the airs desnity and other factors. The problem in CMBN is IMO that there is no sound distortion that increases with the distance between shooter and camera, the sounds are currently just played less loud.

Unfortunately, the game does not take into account weather conditions, terrain, buildings, etc. - that's why we are far from complete realism

Nevertheless, I have seen a lot of movies from Iraq, Afghanistan and in terms of the intensity and variety of sounds, my mods are (modestly) closest to realism;)

ps.

when it comes to using the sounds of my mods, you can do so without restriction, thought about it, if you can do this thing sounds better, which will improve the feeling of players from the game - it's use without restrictions.

hey waclaw

I'm using your sound mod, it is great mate

please continue your good work after BFC adding some new slots for differentiating sounds

thanks again your great sound mod

regards

In real life guns may not sound as dramatic but they are f*****g loud when they are fired close by. That is the most significant sound characterstic of large calibre firearms IME and that is why many people probably prefer sound mods that bring across that ear drums shattering experience. IRL you can feel the shockwaves passing you when a large calibre weapon is fired near you.

Distant shots IRL however are not only less loud but also somehow "distorted" as a result of the soundwaves passing obstacles and the variation of the airs desnity and other factors. The problem in CMBN is IMO that there is no sound distortion that increases with the distance between shooter and camera, the sounds are currently just played less loud.

Yeah, so what we get is a poor compromise when it comes to soundmods.

But on the other hand, people can pick and choose what they like :D

ps.

Funny thing is, we use the same sounds in our soundmods you and me. Plenty of the weapon sounds you have are from the same source as mine.

But you have picked louder sounds and edited others to be louder.

Personally, i prefer a middleground where if you zoom in to the troops during the action, it is very loud, but if you zoom out its a little less loud and doesn't sound like you are still in the middle of the fight.

As for using sounds from your mod, thats awesome :)

I always let anyone use any sounds from my mod since i havent created any of them. Sure I have edited some of them but all of them are from other sources from the beginning :D

Where is the HQ sound mod? I cannot find it. Link please?

Here are the links to the four major soundmods for CMBN/CMFI:

High Quality Sound mod by Waclaw: http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods?author_id=437&game_type=5

SFX Sound mod by Stephsen: http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods?author_id=372&game_type=5

Jorge MC's Sound mod: http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods?author_id=72&game_type=5

And Fathers Brothers Nephews Cousins Former Roomates Soundmod (aka. My soundmod): http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods?author_id=450&game_type=5